2 Defiance B4M Medium Lasers
2 GM Whirlwind SmallShot LB 5-X ACs
3 Defiance B4S Small Lasers
Manufacturer: General Motors
Primary Factory: Kathil
Communications System: Bishop 211 Meridian
Targeting and Tracking System: BlazeFire Sightlock

Overview:
General Motor’s begun production of the MKM-513A Marksman upon their original BJ-1 Blackjack. The Marksman is designed provide direct fire support and suppression for fast light or medium recon and strike lances. Fearing the past reputation of their original mech, General Motor’s improved upon the original greatly with modern technology.
The Marksman is capable of speeds of up too 96.75 kph, able to keep up to the most light mechs, with a Vlar 300 XL. It’s high speed allows it out flank enemy positions and keep a target pinned down. Double heatsinks keep the mech running cool, even when firing all weapons. Endosteel is utilized to provide a light, but strong chassis.

Capabilities:
The MKM-513A mounts heavier GM SmallShot LB-5X Autocannons packing more then twice the firepower of the weaker A/C 2’s. They can utilize cluster munitions to give the Marksman’s guns a shotgun like effect spreading damage over a target’s surface and possible exploiting weaknesses in it’s armor. Cluster munitions have also been found to be effective against infantry, light vehicles, battle armor and in a pinch, a decent deterrent against aerofighters. Four tons of ammunition provide an ample amount for extended operations. Two medium and three small lasers mounted in the torso provide excellent close combat defense.
Finally, seven and a half tons of Star Guard IV armor cover it’s frame. Cellular Ammunition Storage Equipment mounted around the ammo bins provide protection against ammo explosions.

Deployment:
General Motors first revealed the Marksman in the arenas of Solaris to evaluate it’s effectiveness in real mech combat and to help with promotion of the new mech reputation. During a lance-on-lance battle, the Marksman itself severely damage the two light elements of the enemy force and tipped the favor of the match to its own team when the enemy’s Hunchback behemoth autocannon was destroyed within the first three minutes.
Since then, every major House has purchased a number of these machines to add to their armed forces, with the Draconis Combine and Lyran Alliance being the largest buyers. Several Periphery States and minor lords of the Chaos March have also showed interest in adding it to their private armies. Most have been sent to garrison minor worlds.

Battle History:
The Marksman has yet to be deployed to any active front-line unit. But that may change in the future as the Marksman proves itself.

Known Variants:
One minor variant has surfaced, with House Kurita units stationed along the Combine/Chaos March boarder. The LB-5 A/Cs and medium lasers are removed to make room for Ultra A/C-5 autocannons. This version has a is usually attached to guarded a vital installation because of it's low ammo supply.
General Motors has begun limited production of the MKM-520B. Designers have replaced the Vlar 300 XL with Magna 250 XL. This has allowed Techs to mount Imperator Ultra-5 autocannons and install jump jets on the torso to give it greater mobility with a jump capacity of 150 meters. The center torso small laser has been removed and an addition one and a half tons of armor have been added, mostly to the legs and right and left torso.

MKM-513A Marksman

Technology Base: - Inner Sphere - Level 2
Equipment Mass
Internal Structure: - EndoSteel 2.5
Engine: 300 XL 9.5
Walking MP: 6
Running MP: 9
Jumping MP: 0
Heat Sinks: 10(20) - Double 0
Gyro: 3
Cockpit: 3
Armor Factor: 120 7.5

Internal Armor
Structure Value
Head 3 9
Center Torso 16 17
Center Torso(rear) 6
R/L Torso 12 12
R/L Torso(rear) 5
R/L Arm 8 13
R/L Leg 12 14

BV: 841 Cost: 9,565,125

Weapons and Ammo Location Critical Tonnage
LB 5-X AC LA 5 8
LB 5-X AC Ammo - Cluster LT 1 1
LB 5-X AC Ammo - Slug LT 1 1
Medium Laser LT 1 1
Small Laser LT 1 0.5
CASE LT 1 0.5
LB 5-X AC Ammo - Cluster RT 1 1
LB 5-X AC Ammo - Slug RT 1 1
Medium Laser RT 1 1
Small Laser RT 1 0.5
CASE RT 1 0.5
LB 5-X AC RA 5 8
Small Laser CT 1 0.5

Karagin
08/09/06 03:53 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Nice mech, interesting design. Has that AAA feel to it or a really decent COIN mech.
Karagin

Given time and plenty of paper, a philosopher can prove anything.
KitK
08/13/06 12:21 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
I really liked the concept of replacing the AC2s with LBX5s. I have worked at replacing both AC2s with a single LBX5 (slug ammo) in each side torso of a Mauler. But this definately enhances a Blackjack for a slight loss of range. I also see you used a 50 ton chassis instead of a 45, so I had to try squeezing the LBX5 on a 45. I did it, but it is not as fast (and keeps the jump jets), maintaining the BJ-1s 4/6/4; and I had to drop the CASE and revert to single heatsinks. In the end I prefer your speed to my cramming the LBX5 in when using Level 2.
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 184 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 4293

Contact Admins Sarna.net