How many Trueborns...

Pages: 1
Karagin
04/11/02 04:14 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
did the Dragoons original leave Clan space with and how many did they capture during the figthing on the Luithen?
Karagin

Given time and plenty of paper, a philosopher can prove anything.
CrayModerator
04/11/02 07:21 AM

I gathered the Dragoons were almost entirely freebirths and only had 1 or 2 Bloodnamed mechwarriors.

Dunno how many they captured.
Mike Miller, Materials Engineer

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
Greyslayer
04/11/02 09:38 AM

I don't know but knowing that could answer another question,

How many Trueborns does it take to change a light bulb?

Greyslayer
CrayModerator
04/11/02 10:08 AM

Three.
Two to fight a trial of refusal over being ordered to perform such a menial task and a third to find a tech to change the bulb.
Mike Miller, Materials Engineer

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
Hellbringer
04/11/02 11:34 AM

The only important one that they captured was an Elemental named Elson Novacat. He almost single-handedly destroyed the Wolf's Dragoons.
"But it SHOULD be a spectacle! It should be grand and exciting to us all! I'd hate to think that we've become so jaded that we find even our greatest tiumph, resurrecting the Star League, simply one more obligation."
-General Victor Steiner-Davion (First Prince and Archon in exile) 3064
Karagin
04/11/02 11:43 AM

Last time I look Elson wasn't a bloodname warrior...
Karagin

Given time and plenty of paper, a philosopher can prove anything.
Greyslayer
04/11/02 11:58 AM

Actually I think none could change a lightbulb ... they would have 'womb issues' due to similarities .

Greyslayer
Black_Phoenix
04/11/02 09:55 PM

Any captured & adopted warrior takes on the name of his/her new clan as his/her surname. It was in 'Lethal Heritage', 2nd Blood of Kerensky novel.
History is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.
-Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz

Nightward
04/12/02 01:36 AM

Heh. I thought that was going to end with ...does it take to change a lightbulb?" The answer, of course, would be none. They would smack the nearest labourer around and then make them do it.
Yea, verily. Let it be known far and wide that Nightward loathes MW: DA. Indeed, it is with the BURNING ANIMUS OF A THOUSAND SUNS that he doth rage against it with.
Nightward
04/12/02 01:40 AM

I don't know how many they started with or later captured, but:

The Dragoons have had a 'Trueborn' facility running on Outreach for a while now. They have 'Honour-Names' and one person from each sibko-equavalent-thingy (I think they called it 'Ageframe') gets to compete for the name, which gives them the ability to reach high command levels and enter the breeding program. Oddly, Wolf is an 'Honour-Name' despite it just being a signifier that Jaime and Joshua were adopted into the warrior caste...
Yea, verily. Let it be known far and wide that Nightward loathes MW: DA. Indeed, it is with the BURNING ANIMUS OF A THOUSAND SUNS that he doth rage against it with.
Nightward
04/12/02 01:41 AM

Freaky. Great minds really do think alike. I posted my bit before I read yours
BigCol
04/12/02 04:20 AM

I thought the only one that came from Clan Space with them was Ms Kerensky.

Cheers

Col
I don't want the world...
I just want your half...

Ana Ng - They Might be Giants
Pages: 1
Extra information
1 registered and 153 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 4741

Contact Admins Sarna.net