DFA

Pages: 1
Karagin
05/01/02 10:21 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
How many here actually use this? Is it, DFA, worth the risk?

What do you folks think?
Karagin

Given time and plenty of paper, a philosopher can prove anything.
KamikazeJohnson
05/01/02 10:28 PM

I personally have never used it...for the most part, if you're going to DFA, a regular charge is better. The only use I can see for DFA is if a couple punch locations are badly damaged, you can't reach the target by running, or you're desperate for a head hit. It definitely isn't worth the risk unless the attacker has a significant piloting advantage.
Peace is that glorious moment in history when everyone stands around reloading.
--Thomas Jefferson
Nightward
05/01/02 10:30 PM

Yeah! I have administered several 'Highlander Burials' in my time, most notably at a tournament when I flattened a Locust and then an Awesome. Heh. Hehehehe *Degenerates into maniacal laughter*

Another time, my Phoenix Hawk lost both of its arms, so I had it jump onto a Thund erbolt, taking its head off. Hehehe...

So for me, it works. It is a risk, but the results are damn funny.

Yea, verily. Let it be known far and wide that Nightward loathes MW: DA. Indeed, it is with the BURNING ANIMUS OF A THOUSAND SUNS that he doth rage against it with.
novakitty
05/01/02 10:36 PM

In a scenario where the upper body of the target has taken some damage already, DFA is an effective choice. If the target mech has not had its paint scratched, then the only advantage is a 1 in 6 chance of a head hit, instead of the much lower probability with general attacks (1 in 36)
meow
Kottos
05/01/02 11:29 PM

I tried DFA twice, but never successfully. The first time my Guillotine tried to DFA a damaged Battlemaster in a desperate attempt to finish off a still dangerous mech. I got shot down in mid-air. The second time was one last attempt to get a kill before being forced to retreat. My Tarantula failed the attempt, but survived and got away safely.

When it works, DFA is good. The problem is, it usually dosen't work.
Nightmare
05/02/02 12:13 AM

I often use DFA if it`s vital that a certain enemy unit take lots
of punishment - and my other options are too weak.

Best DFA I ever saw was a friend of mine in a tournament.
The enemy in a Nightstar, my friend in a measly Wolverine...
Ooops! Headshot, Nightstar pilot knocked out. The Wolverine
just ran closer, shooting and hitting for 20+, and the Nightstar fell because the pilot wasn`t conscious. Oooops! More head damage, pilot even worse knocked out. The Wolverine proceeded to do as many as five DFAs on the prone, unmoving target until it finally fell to pieces...Just because he
could do it. Targetting a specific area would have been faster
and less humiliating. Hmm I think it was the -7M variant of Wolverine vs the Gauss-equipped Nightstar.
Advice for Evil Overlords:
My legions of terror will be trained in basic marksmanship. Any who cannot learn to hit a man-sized target at 10 meters will be used for target practice.
Karagin
05/02/02 12:30 AM

In that same vain...we were using the old if you jump up in the air for DFA you become a target thing...well I told the guy if you do it you might die...the famous SO WHAT! lead to him getting shot to pices and STILL landing on the target...it took us 20 minutes to stop laughing...only time I have seen DFA really be so funny.
Karagin

Given time and plenty of paper, a philosopher can prove anything.
Cheapbuzz
05/02/02 04:22 AM

When I play a dfa is attempted at least once a night. It seems to work at least 1/3rd of the time.
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 47 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 4395

Contact Admins Sarna.net