Aaaaaaahhhhhh!!!!!!

Pages: 1
KamikazeJohnson
05/05/02 01:06 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
I HATE $%@@$^% SNOW!!!!!!!!!!!

What else is there to say? Snow in May sucks :-\
Peace is that glorious moment in history when everyone stands around reloading.
--Thomas Jefferson
Acolyte
05/05/02 04:38 PM

Wow, and here it's warm enough to go to a nude beach........

Light a fire for a man, and you keep him warm for one night,
Light a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Acolyte
KamikazeJohnson
05/05/02 04:47 PM

Sometimes it is here, too, at this time of year :-( I think last year it was about 26 degrees Celsius at this time.
--Thomas Jefferson
Acolyte
05/05/02 05:13 PM

That's deffinatly enough to avoid shrinkage....

Acolyte
CrayModerator
05/05/02 07:16 PM

Up in the Midwest or New York area?

My parents just went on vacation to fix up their new (decrepit) lakeside trailer in NY hoping for warm weather. They've enjoyed near hurricane winds and snow.

I've been alternating just about daily between cool and sweltering, which is cool or sucks, respectively. My *%@$ing apartment complex likes to hold off switching their central climate control from heating to cooling until at least one geezer living here drops dead of heat stroke. (That's my theory, anyway.) I gather no one's dropped dead yet, because I certainly don't have cooling yet.
Mike Miller, Materials Engineer

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
KamikazeJohnson
05/05/02 10:15 PM

>>Up in the Midwest or New York area?<<

Central Canada, actually. We got high winds on Friday, almost as bad Saturday, then snow. *sigh* %#$@^ groundhog doesn't know what the heck he's talking about :-\
--Thomas Jefferson
Spartan
05/05/02 10:39 PM

Snow? What's snow?
Spartan

We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty.

(I refer you to what Nightward said)
Nightward
05/06/02 12:18 AM

Move to Brisbane. Currently, it's 25 degrees C here. Hehehe...
Yea, verily. Let it be known far and wide that Nightward loathes MW: DA. Indeed, it is with the BURNING ANIMUS OF A THOUSAND SUNS that he doth rage against it with.
CrayModerator
05/06/02 08:05 AM

Yeah, but winter's coming up for you, isn't it? Why, 20C can only be around the corner...better stock up on parkas before the winter rush.

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
Nightward
05/06/02 09:55 PM

Eh? It can go down to -2 at night here. I know that's not too bad for a temperate-zone dweller such as yourself, but let's see you survive a typical midsummer day down here- complete with 40 degree heat and between 60 and 75% humidity...

And as for the other...I dunno how it works in the US, but they sell winter clothes during highsummer and vice-versa here, which makes buying clothes a tricky proposition. In Grade 12, I went from being 125 cm tall with a 105cm waist to being 175 cm tall with a 90cm waist. None of the clothes I'd bought for winter fit. That was a long, cold, harsh winter...
Yea, verily. Let it be known far and wide that Nightward loathes MW: DA. Indeed, it is with the BURNING ANIMUS OF A THOUSAND SUNS that he doth rage against it with.
CrayModerator
05/07/02 07:10 AM

>but let's see you survive a typical midsummer day down here- complete with 40 degree heat and between 60 and 75% humidity...

Sounds like one of many Florida summers I've been through, but with less humidity.

I'm particularly appalled by my current apartments (and Atlanta college dorms before them) because they don't have air conditioning available 24/7. I mean, I'm in "the South." It gets hot and muggy all through here in the summer. But it seems like only Florida builds homes and apartments with year-round air conditioning available.

>I dunno how it works in the US, but they sell winter clothes during highsummer and vice-versa here, which makes buying clothes a tricky proposition.

Clothing sales are more seasonal in the US (I think - I still prefer to get clothes as birthday/Christmas gifts rather than shop for them. I prefer to waste my money on games, not clothes.) Winter clothes seem to go on sale in autumn, summer clothes in spring.

Spartan
05/07/02 08:46 AM

Here in Texas, A/C is pretty much a standard. The only time I've ever been somewhere w/o it was one of the dorms at my alma mater. It was only temp housing because of overflow and I moved out 5 days later for one with A/C, into a room the size of my parents' closet. But then a week later the A/C in that $#!&hole broke down and I had to go another 3 days w/o it. It was like living in an oven.

But otherwise, A/C has been standard. And don't get me started on humidity. I'm from Houston, there humidity is a way of life.
Spartan

KamikazeJohnson
05/09/02 08:26 PM

*sigh*
10 mm rain, followed by 20 cm of snow :-( This is just getting stupid :-\
And it's supposed to be 17C on Saturday
--Thomas Jefferson
Nightward
05/09/02 11:23 PM

Heh. In my experince, University air conditioners have only 2 settings: 'Broken' and 'Siberia'. You rock up to the lecture in shorts and t-shirt because of the heat outside, then whip out your arctic survival gear to make it through the lecturer. Even *FINNISH* students have asked that the AC be lowered during lectures...
Spartan
05/10/02 01:12 AM

Yeah that's the way it was once I got into a dorm with a/c. I got a little too used to it though. Couldn't readjust when I went back to my folks' place and they had it set to 70.
Spartan

Black_Phoenix
05/10/02 07:24 PM

Does anyone else find this as amusing as I do? I guess I should not torment him too much though. It is May and the temp is still in the 50-60 F range (my favorite temp range). Not to mention that we are entering Illinios's windy season. Over the past years the wind has been dangerous, I have seen it rip billboards weighted with concrete out of the ground.
History is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.
-Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz

KamikazeJohnson
05/10/02 07:32 PM

Well, when your income is directly dependent on the weather, this kind of thing becomes more than a simple annoyance...it interferes with things like your ability to pay the rent and, more importantly, your internet!
--Thomas Jefferson
Nightward
05/11/02 01:17 AM

70? I hope you mean Fareinhiet degrees and not Celsius. 70 dc is hotter than what you get out in Alice Springs...
KamikazeJohnson
05/11/02 10:51 AM

My gf sent me this...I laughed my @$$ off!

> > > SPRINGTIME IN MANITOBA
> > >
> > > When it's springtime in Manitoba
> > > And the gentle breezes blow,
> > > About seventy miles an hour
> > > And it's fifty-two below.
> > > You can tell you're in Manitoba
> > > 'cause the snow's up to your butt,
> > > And you take a breath of springtime air
> > > And your noseholes both freeze shut.
> > > The weather here is wonderful,
> > > So I guess I'll hang around,
> > > I could never leave Manitoba
> > > My feet are frozen to the ground.

I dedicate this to anyone currently experiencing unpleasant weather
--Thomas Jefferson
Spartan
05/11/02 07:05 PM

Yes 70 F. If it was 70 C we would have died. But being used to around 60(if that) in the dorm A/C it was kinda warm.
Spartan

Acolyte
05/11/02 07:49 PM

I used to live in Manitoba. Two seasons there: Blizard winter and skin bonding to the car seat summer.

Acolyte
CrayModerator
05/11/02 09:49 PM

My apartment complex finally turned on the d*mn thing! Woohoo, chill air at last!

Of course, the weather is moderate this week so I don't need it, but the AC is on! Finally!

KamikazeJohnson
05/12/02 02:53 AM

Or, like this year...10 months of winter, and 2 months of poor sledding :-\
--Thomas Jefferson
Cheapbuzz
05/17/02 05:54 AM

I just arrived in Okinawa today and let me tell you. It's too damn hot!
Cheapbuzz
05/21/02 06:10 AM

Damn it, now it wont stop raining.
Nightward
05/22/02 05:40 PM

Don't move to Townsville in North Queensland, then...every day at 4:00, the clouds roll in and the heavens open...
KamikazeJohnson
05/22/02 05:47 PM

LOL...raining here right now too...chance of snow for tomorrow

Anyone else experiencing outrageously unseasonal weather?
--Thomas Jefferson
NathanKell
05/22/02 09:38 PM

Hot...cold...hot...cold...
I swear, it's shorts-and-durn-near-nothin'-else one day, and sweats and a windbreaker the next.
While I can't claim snow--and it's perfectly in-season--I *can* say it's outrageous.
-NathanKell, BT Space Wars
Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear.
Thomas Jefferson
Karagin
05/23/02 03:30 PM

Gotta agree...funny thing is this the coldest place in the US was Garyling Michigan this past Sunday, that was 8 degrees colder then the coldest place in Alaska...hell it was 73 in Archorage that same day according to USA Today...

Guess Michigan won't be having summer...
Karagin

Given time and plenty of paper, a philosopher can prove anything.
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 10 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 10336

Contact Admins Sarna.net