Favorite Houses/Clans

Pages: 1
Hellbringer
05/06/02 08:01 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
This may seem dumb to some of you, but this is just interest on my own part. What are your favorite Great Houses/Clans? You do not have to go into whys and stuff like that, but I am just wondering.
"But it SHOULD be a spectacle! It should be grand and exciting to us all! I'd hate to think that we've become so jaded that we find even our greatest tiumph, resurrecting the Star League, simply one more obligation."
-General Victor Steiner-Davion (First Prince and Archon in exile) 3064
Acolyte
05/06/02 08:40 PM

When I get the chance to play (not very often - I mostly GM), I play a merc. I have a price, and whatever house pays it, I favor.

Now, I personally dislike the clans. I don't so much favor a house as a time, in this case 3025.

Light a fire for a man, and you keep him warm for one night,
Light a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Acolyte
Cheapbuzz
05/06/02 08:42 PM

IS Davion
Clan Goliath Scorpion
NathanKell
05/06/02 09:20 PM

Aw, clans are fine. I'm rather partial to Shark.

In a cream sauce, of course. It's almost as good as fried Chicken, really...but I *hate* it when m' food's green...
{/required anti-clan remarks}
Outworlds Alliance, I'd say, then possibly FedCom. My ultimate test revolves around a simple question: would I want to *live* there?

{edit:} But, yes, if Clan then Sharks or Bears. The latter Paternal Liberalism at its best
-NathanKell, BT Space Wars
Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear.
Thomas Jefferson
Acolyte
05/06/02 09:23 PM

Hey, I'm all for a good clan-bake!

Light a fire for a man, and you keep him warm for one night,
Light a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Acolyte
novakitty
05/06/02 09:26 PM

IS: Davion or Kurita depending on the point in the timeline and a few other factors.

Clan: guess
meow
Nightward
05/06/02 09:58 PM

Not at all. I like the old Clan Wolf (the Wardens, pre Refusal War) and for the InnerSphere I play Draconis Combine with brief forays into the Com Guard.

I just really liked the wolf Clan fiction for the game, and in real Life, I studied Japanese for 7 years. Some of it was bound to rub off...
Yea, verily. Let it be known far and wide that Nightward loathes MW: DA. Indeed, it is with the BURNING ANIMUS OF A THOUSAND SUNS that he doth rage against it with.
Nightmare
05/06/02 11:38 PM

I stick with the Steiners as far as possible. The only realm
that really makes sense to me
House Marik isn`t bad for a quick one-shot battle, though.
I like their units almost as much as a well-equipped Lyran
assault company with full ASF support.

Never play Clans, so I don`t really care. I`d like to wipe them
out, Chartreuse Pelicans first. So you might call them my
"favorite" clan
Advice for Evil Overlords:
My legions of terror will be trained in basic marksmanship. Any who cannot learn to hit a man-sized target at 10 meters will be used for target practice.
KamikazeJohnson
05/07/02 12:45 AM

Hmmm...my first introduction to BTech was BT:CHI, where the main character is Steiner, so I always kinda saw them as "The Good Guys". I have the DC sourcebook, so I try to to stick with them as much as I can, since I actually know something about them Besides...Jinjiro Kurita is my idol "Kill them all!!!!!!"

As for Clans, I like being the underdog, so I'd rather play IS against the Clans. So I have no reason to prefer any one clan over the others.
Peace is that glorious moment in history when everyone stands around reloading.
--Thomas Jefferson
Spartan
05/07/02 08:38 AM

On the IS side I'm not much of a house player. Merc mainly.

As for the Clans: Wolf; prior to and including the refusal war with the falcons.
Spartan

We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty.

(I refer you to what Nightward said)
CrayModerator
05/07/02 08:47 AM

I'm a bit between factions just now. Maybe pro-Andurien.
Mike Miller, Materials Engineer

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
Black_Phoenix
05/08/02 12:27 AM

I am a clanner. *everyone cheers* Okay, enough of the B.S. Here are my picks for favorite clans.

Official Clans: Wolf/ WiE, Diamond Sharks (For target practice)

Non-Canon (unofficial) Clan: Dark Phoenix (my own creation)
History is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.
-Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz

Diablo
05/08/02 06:21 PM

I play IS merc's who use Clan equivilant technology.
StarEx...
and If I really have to choose, I'd play as the void of space and create unusual phenominon to kill ships in space and disrupt HPG communications.
"whats that bluish fuzzy thing on your head?"
-Luciphear to Talis, just before he exploded.

www.geocitis.com/luciph34r
SuperCharger
05/10/02 05:31 AM

Well, not that it matters much now, but I always liked the Steiner-Davion alliance of the Federated Commonwealth. House Davion military strategists in command of Steiner BattleMech might, pretty potent stuff. House Steiner just needed someone who could command effectively; the social generals obviously never did.

As for Clans, during the Clan Invasion period I was definitely pro-Wolf. At the end of the CBT timeline, though, it seems the Ghost Bears have become my favorite. The Coyotes might be a distant second.
MacLeod
07/05/02 05:35 PM

IS: Steiner-Davion (Victor, cuz Katrina can **** off), Kurita (post-Battle of Luthien)

Clans: Pre (and including) Refusal War Wolf/ WiE, Nova Cat
Drugs don't kill people, pancreatic cancer kills people.

... and whoever heard of a drug that causes pancreatic cancer?
Khan_Robinette
07/06/02 07:50 AM

Lets see, when I stated playing back in 1984 my GM used me at times to fill the role of the unKnown attacker, AKA the Minessotta Tribe, then when the Clans Invaded he allowed me to run as Clan Wolverine more and more.
After I moved to where I currently am in 93, I started my own gaming group with each person or group of players representing some faction. I kept playing Wolverine so I could be the oddball vote and plus they made a great way to bring in weird stuff as GM.
When games did call for me to utilize a Normal Clan, I always chose the Coud Cobras.
So hey, 18 years as a full time Wolverine! 8 years as a Part Time Cloud Cobra!
"Teach me and I'll teach you
If you need a hand I'll give you two
Respect me and I'll respect you
Disrespect me and I will destroy you"
rock
07/07/02 11:52 AM

Houses - Free Worlds League (prior to WOB) and Federated Suns

Clans - Fire Mandrills, Hell's Horses, and Wolf

Periphery - Magistracy of Canopus

Edited by rock (07/07/02 11:55 AM)
NathanKell
07/08/02 09:06 PM

Well, if I had to pick...
Outworlds Alliance.
{Though Davion, out of the Five Houses}.
-NathanKell, BT Space Wars
Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear.
Thomas Jefferson
Durango
07/10/02 02:09 PM

House:Stiener, mostly because they have the money, & the other players seem to favor the German aspect. AND they like to beat up on Snakes. Our campaign is currently in 3028 (Started in 3025)

Clan: Blood Spirits, because they have been put upon most harshly...I'd like to see them kick the hell out of Star Adder and absorb THEM. (Clan Burrock absorbed by SA, that's just WRONG.)

Moloch
07/10/02 04:22 PM

I have always been intrigued by Clan Wolverine, but the only mention was in the 3050 TRO how they nuked a gentic repostory and where utterly destroyed, then became the Clan with No Name. Where can I get information about wolverine or the Minnesota tribe? (also mentioned in 3050 TRO, raided IS in early 3000-3030 and then dissapeared)

My factions would probably be a merc, only loyalty is to the all might C-Bill Clan: Wolves, Ghost Bears, maybe nova cat. Never really liked any of the Great Houses: Liao is to fanatic, Marik never appealed, Kurita is to ridgid, and Steiner-Davion nothing but sibling bickering.
Popular Bumper Stickers
“Keep honking: I’m re-loading”
“If you don’t mind, please eject now: that Mech is a **** to salvage"
“I ran out of room to stencil all the Mechs I’ve killed, so now I just go by regiment’s wiped out.”
BroCaptMaximus
08/23/02 09:21 AM

House Davion and the Federated Suns. Specifically my loyalty is to the righful First Prince Victor Ian Steiner-Davion, and not his b#$%h of a sister.

As for clans I really liked Clan Wolf prior to the Refusal War cause Ulric and Natasha where the bomb. As an aside I HATE the Jade Falcons. Aidan Pryde was cool but as a whole I despise those stupid birds. I really hate the way those dirty underhanded no good sons-of-b#$%hes killed Ulric and Natasha. I mean the Falcon Khan had to cheat cause he was a p#$%y and that old dried up husk Joanna got lucky with her jump jets. What kind of s#$t is that, the mighty Khan Natasha Kerensky laid low by a pathetic Jade Falcon who was beaten and didn't have the good graces to die. Of all the events in Btech history the death of Natasha pisses me off the most. However the way Katherine keeps getting away with stuff is quickly climbing the charts.
Pages: 1
Extra information
1 registered and 167 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 7172

Contact Admins Sarna.net