Favorite Personal Weapons

Pages: 1
Hellbringer
05/09/02 07:21 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
My favorite personal weapons for a character were a double-barrelled shot-gun, a sunbeam laser pistol, and a vibro-dagger. Those three things saved my butt many a time. Has anyone else had any memorable expiriences with any other kinds of personal weapons?
"But it SHOULD be a spectacle! It should be grand and exciting to us all! I'd hate to think that we've become so jaded that we find even our greatest tiumph, resurrecting the Star League, simply one more obligation."
-General Victor Steiner-Davion (First Prince and Archon in exile) 3064
Cheapbuzz
05/09/02 07:25 PM

I enjoy the blazer rifle.
Nightward
05/11/02 07:48 AM

Our campaign was about a squad of ultra-elite DEST operatives. We always carried enough firepower to wage war upon another Great House with a resonable likelyhood of success, but my favourite weapons were always my trusty VibroKatana and Blazer Pistol. Much fun was also had with explosive Shuriken (we came up with this one. Shuriken with a microgrenade embedded in. Garaunteed to take down Elementals. One of the other guys always coated his with poisons to boot...

We also used 'Combi-weapons', like Warhammer 40K stuff, based loosely around Shin Yodama's Shotgun/Laser. Mine was a Blazer with an under-slung Needler. Meat pate, anyone?

Out of the novels, I've always been kinda partial to Kai Allard Liao's inventive key to the ComStar compound (aka: his Centurion's Gauss Cannon, loaded with a steel girder...)
Yea, verily. Let it be known far and wide that Nightward loathes MW: DA. Indeed, it is with the BURNING ANIMUS OF A THOUSAND SUNS that he doth rage against it with.
Hellbringer
05/11/02 11:00 AM

KEWL!!! I like the Blazer/Needler. DO you have the stats by any chance?
"But it SHOULD be a spectacle! It should be grand and exciting to us all! I'd hate to think that we've become so jaded that we find even our greatest tiumph, resurrecting the Star League, simply one more obligation."
Acolyte
05/11/02 07:52 PM

Double barreled shotgun? You should design a 'Mech just for this character. One with two LBX's in one arm.

Light a fire for a man, and you keep him warm for one night,
Light a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Acolyte
Nightward
05/11/02 08:11 PM

It was just a Blazer with an undeslung needler and some scope gear, just sorta taped together. All the GM did was rule that the masses had to be added together. It was really just so we didn't have to whip out a new weapon every three seconds.
Yea, verily. Let it be known far and wide that Nightward loathes MW: DA. Indeed, it is with the BURNING ANIMUS OF A THOUSAND SUNS that he doth rage against it with.
Acolyte
05/11/02 08:16 PM

Kinda like a pulse rifle with underbarrel grenade launcher taped to a flame uint?

Acolyte
Hellbringer
05/12/02 12:12 PM

That piece of work was one fine alien killer.
Acolyte
05/12/02 03:21 PM

I used the stats for the Rorynex SMG and grenade launcher, with a personel flamer taped to it.

Acolyte
Nightmare
08/24/02 02:17 AM

Whatever suits the character, usually. I haven`t played the RPG for a long time now. Not since the two idiots who didn`t want to play decided they`d like a last game so they can destroy everything for the rest of us, in fact.

The weapon that`s really helped the most is the humble hold-out flamer. People do not respond well to catching fire, so you usually manage to escape close encounters by using Quickdraw and flame away!
Advice for Evil Overlords:
My legions of terror will be trained in basic marksmanship. Any who cannot learn to hit a man-sized target at 10 meters will be used for target practice.
Hellbringer
09/10/02 01:09 PM

Good call, knives are usually used better as tools than weapons anyway.
prplstickyfreak
09/10/02 11:20 PM

My all time favorite would have to be the Sternsnatch heavy pistol. Nothing like pure brute to get the job done.
Bob_Richter
09/16/02 01:59 PM

I'm kinda surprised anyone remembers that thing.
-Bob (The Magnificent) Richter

Assertions made in this post are the humble opinion of Bob.
They are not necessarily statements of fact or decrees from God Himself, unless explicitly and seriously stated to be so.
:)
SSFSX17
09/28/02 08:08 PM

It sets people on fire, and it makes 'mechs nice and over-heated. I use this thing often on BattleTech: Crescent Hawks' Inception. And the idea of being able to shoot people with flaming missiles is just plain cool
Lousy good-for-nothing mortals. Can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em.
Diablo
02/22/03 01:57 AM

Vibro katana and my many many assorted pre packaged, colour coded, remote, impact or timed explosives. hehe, I carried my duffle bag where ever I went.

oh yeah, and my shurikens helped me out in a bar fight or two. "you cheating liar!" and as he reaches for the pot of money, a shuriken impacts betwen his out spread fingers.
"whats that bluish fuzzy thing on your head?"
-Luciphear to Talis, just before he exploded.

www.geocitis.com/luciph34r
TJHairball
02/24/03 02:29 AM

Flamer pistol, needler "rifle", and - for when things get rough - the good old fashioned Portable Rocket Launcher.
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 6809

Contact Admins Sarna.net