Elves in the US Army

Pages: 1
CrayModerator
05/11/02 10:46 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
So, as I understand it, the US Army has certain dress codes regarding body modifications (piercings, tattoos, etc.) However, having been a civilian slacker all my life, I'm not up to date on the latest regulations in the US Army. Therefore, I'm hoping for some input:

How would the US Army handle a D&D (3rd edition) elf trying to join up, purely in terms of reaction to the ears?

For the sake of this discussion, this is the only elf on the planet and, yes, this is the real world, current US Army, not one that frequently sees demihumans trying to join up. Assume the trickier issues - citizenship, ID, medical - are covered.
Mike Miller, Materials Engineer

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
KamikazeJohnson
05/11/02 10:49 AM

Well, as long as the Army can be convinced that the ears are natural, there shouldn't be a problem...it would be no different than, say, someone who was born with only one nostril.

Note I said should..we are talking about the army here
Peace is that glorious moment in history when everyone stands around reloading.
--Thomas Jefferson
Cheapbuzz
05/11/02 07:09 PM

Or they would disect it and study it for years to come.
CrayModerator
05/11/02 07:23 PM

>Or they would disect it and study it for years to come.

Eh...I doubt it.

I was thinking of the cover story, "It's plastic surgery I got when I was a dumba$$ kid."

Since elves aren't real, what's the Army going to believe? That an immigrant attempting to hasten his citizenship status by joining the Army is an elf?
Mike Miller, Materials Engineer

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
NathanKell
05/11/02 11:22 PM

Yes.
But only if he's named Mighty Mite.
-NathanKell, BT Space Wars
Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear.
Thomas Jefferson
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 6 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 3322

Contact Admins Sarna.net