X-Box...

Pages: 1
SoyBigHead
06/03/02 08:15 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Just wondering, but does anyone know if GTA3 is going to be making its waytowards this platform? (P.S., I am purchasing one regardless of what you all say because it will eventually feature online play unlike PS2 sooo...but hey at least i can try mechassault when it comes out...and theres always halo and max payne :-) )
"There are three types of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics."
-Mark Twain
KamikazeJohnson
06/03/02 11:58 PM

hehe...not to mention the fact that with the recent price reduction, the x-box is a nicely affordable home DVD player
Peace is that glorious moment in history when everyone stands around reloading.
--Thomas Jefferson
Spartan
06/04/02 11:28 AM

PS2 plays DVD's as well. The only thing the Xbox has on it is the online gaming, as far as I know.
Spartan

We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty.

(I refer you to what Nightward said)
SoyBigHead
06/04/02 02:50 PM

which is primarily why i was going to purchase it; alot cheaper than a comp and does the same functions (gaming was the primary reason i was going to purchase a comp, but since xbox is eventually going ot have it broadband for majority of games [see the CS:Condition Zero for proof] and its alot cheaper i decided to go that route)
-Mark Twain
Greyslayer
06/04/02 04:01 PM

*looks at his P4*

I still need no stinkin' X-box . Though my gf wants to get a second pc so she can actually spend time on a pc when I am at home .

Greyslayer
Nightmare
06/04/02 05:00 PM

Pc. Two of them. And a printer, DVD station and surround sound w subwoofer. TV. Why would I need a Xbox?

Although making M$ pay some more money would be nice...
They reportedly lose AT LEAST 100 bucks per Xbox, just to
make it cheap enough for people to buy it.
Advice for Evil Overlords:
My legions of terror will be trained in basic marksmanship. Any who cannot learn to hit a man-sized target at 10 meters will be used for target practice.
NathanKell
06/04/02 10:43 PM

Look at it this way--they lose *300* if you *don't* buy one!
-NathanKell, BT Space Wars
Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear.
Thomas Jefferson
Spartan
06/04/02 11:25 PM

There is the perfect reason not to buy an Xbox. M$ ruined Mechwarrior for PC IMNSHO. Besides, Gates makes enough money off of us when we buy window$ or M$DO$, etc.
Spartan

We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty.

(I refer you to what Nightward said)
Grizzly
06/05/02 09:45 AM

Soy, I got my XBOX back in November and have been very happy with it. According to rockstar GTAIII is supposed to be coming out, but there is GTAIV, Vice City, arriving in the fall. I would say it is safe to say that the new version is on its way to the XBOX. I can't wait for MechAssault and Crimson Skies, and Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell. I am about ready to buy Hunter the Reckoning and Morrowind as soon as it comes out. I also have a PS2. I traded in my old N64 w/games, and my old PSX with a few of my PS games and got 400 bucks for a trade in. SO I got the PS2 and GTAIII and Armored Core 2. If you have to buy one system, I think the XBOX is the way to go, but buy the system that has the games that you want. I have Halo, Max Payne, and Genma Onimusha for the XBOX. When you get one and XBOX Live goes online, give me a shout here and we can play some online games! Later....
"I am but mad north-northwest, when the wind is southerly I know a hawk from a handsaw" Hamlet
SoyBigHead
06/05/02 02:40 PM

oh I want the X-Box; i was just wondering if GTA 3 was going to come out for it eventually; even if it doesnt Im sure there will be other great games for it (Counter-Strike: Condition Zero, etc.). Im kinda dissapointed that I dont have it now, because I was supposed to get it last night but alas the starter on our van died and i didnt get to go to Circuit City (Dad gets to purchase it at cost b/c he works there :-P). But yeah i think im either going to trade in my N64 or SNES. How many people do you know that still have a SNES? hahaha
thanks for the info grizzly :-)
-Mark Twain
Grizzly
06/05/02 04:07 PM

Actually I still have my SNES and Genesis. Heck I still have my old Atari 2600 and my Amiga 1000 computer. There are some games that are classics and haven't been replaced by anything new. Good luck with the XBOX, I know that there are some people, myself included, who are put off by Microsoft, but they put out a great machine. I have over 50 songs ripped onto my hard drive, and another 20 game saves, and I still haven't cracked the memory yet. I can't wait for online games. The ability to talk using the communicator either for teamwork or trash talk stands out compared to the PC. Oh well I better get off my soapBOX, later.....
"I am but mad north-northwest, when the wind is southerly I know a hawk from a handsaw" Hamlet
SoyBigHead
06/05/02 05:33 PM

you know, you CAN play online now via X-Box Tunnel :-)
-Mark Twain
Grizzly
06/06/02 11:26 AM

yeah, but I don't have a pc at home, only at work. Oh well....
SoyBigHead
06/06/02 03:26 PM

ahh that sux
-Mark Twain
Grizzly
06/07/02 02:12 PM

Hey, I picked up "Hunter: the reckoning" last night. I only played the first level for about 20 minutes, but it is a cool game. Nothing like a four player hack and slash fest!
SoyBigHead
06/07/02 07:43 PM

im waiting for Medal of Honor...right now im enjoying Halo (its the only game i got for it; i figure ill only buy the very best games for it andthen purchase DVDs)
-Mark Twain
Grizzly
06/11/02 09:07 AM

I am doing the same. I am trying to only get the best games. Hey at $50 a pop, I can't afford to buy the crap games! I have finally gotten farther in the game, all I can say is wow! The graphics are great! The camera can be a little annoying, but for the most part this is a great game. I can't wait to have some friends over for a four way zombie killin' fest!
SoyBigHead
06/11/02 11:01 AM

well rumor is that xbox live is launching july/august for the $50 special and then $10 a month after the special runs out... i cant wait for that...
-Mark Twain
Grizzly
06/12/02 09:04 AM

Very sweet! Now I just have to get a broadband connection...
SoyBigHead
06/12/02 09:53 AM

yea..i know next to nthing about networks, but is there a way to utilize the cable modem that my computer uses with my xbox so i dont have to pay for another connection?
-Mark Twain
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 31 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 6240

Contact Admins Sarna.net