What's in a PPC

Pages: 1
Black_Cat_F
06/09/02 02:01 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
I've been trying for several days to remember what's in the drink called a PPC. I remember it being mentioned in several of the older novels, in particular in connection with Solaris VII (I was thinking it might be in "Main Event", but couldn't find it). Here's what I do remember: there's the "normal" version, and then one named for each the major houses (i.e. a "Steiner PPC" might have had peppermint shnapps added to the normal mix), it was supposed to be fairly strong, and I think that's about it. It may have been a scotch glass sized drink, but I'm not real sure.

If anyone has more specific information and/or can tell me which novel it's in (page numbers would be very helpful), I would greatly appreciate it. I'm going to reference this drink in a story I'm writing that I would like to have done by the end of Sunday, so the sooner I can get the info, the better.

Thanks in advance,
BC

I've worked with every damn mercenary in the Inner Sphere and I swear you're the most annoying.
Black Cat - www.201ststrykers.com
Acolyte
06/09/02 03:41 AM

It's in Warrior:En Guard, pg 133. A PPC is mainly grain alcohol cut with anouther hard alcohol.
Steiner: Pepermint Scnapps
Liao:Plum Brandy
Kurita: Sake (or aviation fuel, whichever's handy)
Davion:Bourbon or Tequelia (if you're from the Cappellan March)
Marik: Ouzo

And remember: That which we call a PPC, by any other name still really hurts if it hits you.

Light a fire for a man, and you keep him warm for one night,
Light a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Acolyte
Black_Cat_F
06/09/02 03:44 AM

It was in "Assumption of Risk" (pg. 254). It describes the PPC as "a snifter filled with a clear mixture of peppermint schnapps and grain alcohol." I was thinking I had seen more on it somewhere else, but still can't find it...maybe there's more later in the same book, or maybe it's somewhere else. Also, what types of grain alcohol would probably go best with peppermint schnapps?

I've worked with every damn mercenary in the Inner Sphere and I swear you're the most annoying.
Acolyte
06/09/02 03:46 AM

The grain alcohol is mosly pure: White Lightning, it's refered to as.

Light a fire for a man, and you keep him warm for one night,
Light a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Acolyte
Black_Cat_F
06/09/02 05:03 AM

Thanks, on both pieces of info. It will make my story much more clear to the mostly non-Techie audience I am writing for.

Spartan
06/09/02 08:48 AM

Here's the Recipes I've seen. The second one is the "official" recipe but I've also heard it called the ERPPC.

PPC
1 shot blue curaco
1-2 shots citrus vodka
1 shot clear cuervo tequilla
7-Up
in an old fashoned glass put 3 ice cubes and your alcohol then fill the
rest of the glass with the 7-Up
[NOTE: This is a less-powerful version of the "official" PPC]

=================
PPC
4 shots everclear
1 shot of: peppermint schnapps (steiner)
sake (kurita)
ouzo (marik)
plum wine (liao)
bourbon (davion)
tequila (capellan march)
Spartan

We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty.

(I refer you to what Nightward said)
Black_Cat_F
06/10/02 03:45 AM

Has anyone ever tried any of the drinks listed in any of the posts? I'm kind of curious, but I'm not sure if I'm going to spend any money trying to put together any form of a PPC anytime soon.

Black_Phoenix
06/10/02 09:06 PM

This one is simple. 4 shots grain alcohol. This PPC is also know as "Just plain stupid." (info from MW3 RPG book).
History is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.
-Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz

TRYCORP
06/16/02 01:48 PM

hahaha
"Machine Guns! Thats a Summoner out there! Do you plan to punch little holes in it, and have it fall down from too much ventilation!?!"

TRYCORP
Clan Nova Cat
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 110 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 6294

Contact Admins Sarna.net