Northwind and the SLDF

Pages: 1
Karagin
06/19/02 05:08 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
According to some of the older sourcebooks and their fluff Northwind supplied the SLDF with a lot of it's soliders.

My question is this would the current leaders on Northwind consider do this again as an independant system (or planet) or would they rather stay to themselves and not worry about the rest of the IS?

Karagin

Given time and plenty of paper, a philosopher can prove anything.
Nightward
06/19/02 05:20 PM

The Northwind Highlander regiments are ex-SLDF and contributed more troops to the Royal Highlander Black Watch than anyone else.

I got the impression from the Twighlight of the Clans that the HIghlanders were on a retainer from the Star League. If the whole FedCom civil war had not happened, they likely would have rejoined the SLDF. Now, though...who can say? If I were Katherine, I would have moved to knock off the Highlanders early in the piece. Who wants five-odd Regiments of *SCOTTISH* people who do not like you runnning around behind your lines? Not me, I can tell you...

The Highlanders will probably stay put, though. Civil wars are messy. And in the end, they are mercvenaries. When the dust settles, they will know who can afford their services and who should be ignored.
Yea, verily. Let it be known far and wide that Nightward loathes MW: DA. Indeed, it is with the BURNING ANIMUS OF A THOUSAND SUNS that he doth rage against it with.
ErichRaulfestone
06/23/02 07:22 PM

Well if they stay to themselves, the Scots Greys will easily pick up the slack....
Erich Raulfestone

Rangers, Lead the Way!
Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?"
And I said, "Here am I. Send me!"
Isaiah 6:8

......and I went......
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 140 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 2608

Contact Admins Sarna.net