Odd Question about Clan Trials...

Pages: 1
Karagin
06/25/02 05:15 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
The other day, a long time friend and BTecher, sent me an email asking this question:

Two Clan Warriors are figthing for a Bloodname, they are the finial combatants. During the battle to see who get's the name they both kill each other. How would the Clans handle this? And how would you handle it if you were the Khan of the Clan this happen in.

So, with that in mind I told him I would call the whole match void and start over with a new group in that Blood House. Some other folks who responded had different ideas and some had ones close to or like my own.

Now what would you folks do if you were the Khan of the Clan this happen in and how do you think the other Clans would react?
Karagin

Given time and plenty of paper, a philosopher can prove anything.
Zwischy
06/25/02 09:58 AM

It might come down to a duel between the two semifinalists who lost in the initial Bloodname tournament. Of course, who knows if those guys are alive, either.

Probably most balanced to just call a new tournament.
Khan_Robinette
06/25/02 10:20 AM

I thought I read somewhere is some sourcebook, novel, or other bit of material at my house that the Trial was void and it started completely over again. Nominees had to have their supporters and they had another Grand Melee. I will check tonight and see if I can hunt that down, cuz now I want to know!
"Teach me and I'll teach you
If you need a hand I'll give you two
Respect me and I'll respect you
Disrespect me and I will destroy you"
JadeDragon
06/25/02 11:42 AM

I would lean towards a complete redoing of the whole thing.

However it would be the Bloodhouse leader not the Khan of a Clan what would have the say.

The JadeDragon
MacLeod
06/25/02 03:32 PM

It definately would be up to the Bloodhouse Leader to say whether or not to start the whole thing over.

Of course, none of the other Clans would care. I mean, it's not like it's one of their Bloodlines, so why pay attention?

Stupid Clanners. Only thing they're good for is the equipment (except for Clan Wolf-In-Exile, cuz Phelan Ward is cool ).
Drugs don't kill people, pancreatic cancer kills people.

... and whoever heard of a drug that causes pancreatic cancer?
Khan_Robinette
06/26/02 11:44 AM

Yep, Leader of the Bloodhouse can reconvene the trial in the event of both finalists dying. However if one of the contestants outlives the other, by even a few minutes the bloodname is his or hers as the case might be. If the winner then dies, even 5 minutes after winning, then the trial formally starts over without the need for the Bloodnamed to call for a retrial.
Does that make sense or am I just confusing myself again?
novakitty
06/26/02 12:19 PM

It makes sense, the last finalist with a heartbeat wins the bloodname, and if the said victor dies, then there is room for another warrior to earn the same bloodname.
meow
MacLeod
06/26/02 04:23 PM

Makes sense to me. The guy that lives longest is the winner, so he gets the Bloodname. When he dies, all of his exploits are added to that Bloodname's pedigree, and people fight for his Bloodname, while his genetic material is used for the next generations.
Drugs don't kill people, pancreatic cancer kills people.

... and whoever heard of a drug that causes pancreatic cancer?
Khan_Robinette
06/26/02 06:45 PM

Even if his explots after getting the bloodname only last a few lines
"Jikked many frebirths, aided his clan, etc etc, won a Bloodname, died 5 deconds later."
For the glory of the Clan and all that fuzz.
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 78 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 3817

Contact Admins Sarna.net