Perspective. (long)

Pages: 1
MadWolf
06/26/02 02:51 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
I saw today, the newest Mech game to come about. It's called MechAssult. For X-Box. ( dont worry, it looks like its true to CBT ) It had a sell line, just like every other game ever to come out. " For One Thousand years, the BattleMech has Evolved into the perfict machine. For One Thousand Years, Humanity hasn't Changed." After this a MadCat goes about the busness of stepping on a bus and blasting a busness building.

We play a game that lets us delve into the dark side of humanity sooooo deeply, it's acctually freaky if you let it sink in. Who here wouldn't bomb a bus in a campaign if it were to kill some WoB [censored] with the plans to take you and your group down?
Everyone here must admit that on gaming night, when you go hang out and start a battle, you plop into that cockpit yourself a little bit. I've played games where we just bashed a few mechs around for no other reason than to do it, but you still go down there. Thats the point of any game, to escape this world into another, then come back all fine like nothing happened. If you play any other games, haven't you been the dwarf that killed the 300 some odd people to get " the gem of ultomate power"? Then go on a quest just afterwards to get " the staff of all knowledge".

Heres my main question though. Are we MORE suited to understand the world, Or less? I made a post that said " WAR is and acronym :

We
Are
Right

See? As long as someone says "we are right" there is WAR.

I sense that I'm right, and i know that somewhere out there there would be someone elses that would respond, " No, your wrong, ( insert reason why I'm wrong here ) and Im Right. " Is my point valid?

I'm 19 and people are amaized about when I talk about the conflicts we have, lately the whole middle east thing. I study history, It's my major. My goal is to know everything. So when I talk, people see where I understand things from. I also Play BattleTech which gives me a 20\20 view of humanity at its, Best and or worst, whichever you choose. so i Have Always felt that I can talk and be the one who is knoledgeable about the subject. But becase of this Have i lost touch with the reality that the people who deal with all this are not knoledgeable? Like your redneck that shoots at a Muslem place of worship ( mosk I think but i'm not shure if i can spell it right). He has no idea what he's really doing. But the fact is hes doing it, and it effects everyone. Am I best to look at this situation and come up with somthing to say, or is someone else. Who honstly can look at this world and say anything?

God, I am confused?
Nothing is Impossible, It is only Improbable.
ErichRaulfestone
06/26/02 10:39 AM

No, IM right!!! Anything else?? Thought so....
Erich Raulfestone

Rangers, Lead the Way!
Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?"
And I said, "Here am I. Send me!"
Isaiah 6:8

......and I went......
Khan_Robinette
06/26/02 11:51 AM

Nope I'M right! I'm right, I know I am right because....wait what were we talking about.

Oh well I am right, I do wanna step on a bus. I wanna kill 300 people. Wait, thats right, already done those, they were last month's campaign
"Teach me and I'll teach you
If you need a hand I'll give you two
Respect me and I'll respect you
Disrespect me and I will destroy you"
ErichRaulfestone
06/26/02 04:03 PM

:P~ Nice try though But as usual, might makes right!!!! HOOAAHH!!!!!!
Erich Raulfestone

Rangers, Lead the Way!
Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?"
And I said, "Here am I. Send me!"
Isaiah 6:8

......and I went......
Durango
06/26/02 04:33 PM

Hah! We will keep you from being too deep here, that's for sure!
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 31 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 2985

Contact Admins Sarna.net