The WK Team is down on the 45 yard line and they call in the...

Pages: 1
Karagin
07/31/02 10:26 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
New Atlas mech

Gotta love the football player look and the WWF look as well.
Karagin

Given time and plenty of paper, a philosopher can prove anything.
Greyslayer
07/31/02 10:43 PM

That is an Atlas???? I take back what I said about the Black Hawk mini ... it looked good compared to this????????

It looks like some droid from futarama or something.

Greyslayer
Nightward
07/31/02 10:57 PM

What the hell is that? Why are they doing this to us?
Yea, verily. Let it be known far and wide that Nightward loathes MW: DA. Indeed, it is with the BURNING ANIMUS OF A THOUSAND SUNS that he doth rage against it with.
deleteme
07/31/02 11:02 PM

what? I think it looks pretty. Seriously. Its not the old familiar atlas that we all remember, but it doesn't look bad. And if ya miss the old one, you can just do a little sawing here and there....
Nightward
07/31/02 11:07 PM

Maybe so. I dunno. It looked weird, and it looks sort of like the Akuma to boot. I can definately say I will not be taking up this new MW:DA stuff. First the Spider, now the Atlas...and as for what they did to the Timber Wolf...
Yea, verily. Let it be known far and wide that Nightward loathes MW: DA. Indeed, it is with the BURNING ANIMUS OF A THOUSAND SUNS that he doth rage against it with.
novakitty
07/31/02 11:15 PM

How dare you not immediate hate anything to do with MW:DA?!

Joking, I think it looks like a personal arena refit of the Atlas. More flashy to attract more to watch the match.
meow
Spartan
07/31/02 11:37 PM

Thanks a lot for posting that link Karagin! I just had to clean vomit off of my keyboard. I'm suprised it's still working.

j/k Seriously, if that is supposed to be a standard issue Atlas I think that whoever designed its... extra stuff and redesigned a skinner torso was tripping on some really bad acid. What numbskull would take that into a combat zone? And what is this nonsense about having to have a special move in order to Alpha Strike?!?!?!?! That's worse than the nonsense about having to get multiple minis to be able to use the different versions of the omni mechs. My God what kind of crack are they on?
Spartan

We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty.

(I refer you to what Nightward said)
Karagin
07/31/02 11:57 PM

Making Money Making Money Making Money Making Money

That is 60% of WK the other 40% is trying to get new blood to play Mage Tech...and convince us the BT fans that we too should play MWDA oh did I mention making money?
Karagin

Cheapbuzz
08/01/02 05:02 AM

::Speechless:: and not in the good way.
Greyslayer
08/01/02 05:23 PM

The centurion is slightly better than the atlas. It is at least similar to the original . It still looks like though that there must be a big difference between the original and the click mech for some reason. I don't think it has anything to do with the materials as the centurion wasn't that bad in the citytech boxed set and that was plastic (just those lonnnnng arms on it ).

Greyslayer
JadeDragon
08/02/02 05:51 PM

Looks like some Warhammer space marine if you ask me.

Clicky minis are definately the lower grade stuff.
Greyslayer
08/02/02 09:17 PM

Well the mech is now a Mightily Ugly Dial or MUD ....

Now considering your name is the same then

Your name is MUD (Sorry had to say that, good thing I never kept one of my earlier nicknames on the net ... Centurion).

Greyslayer
ChalengerII
08/03/02 06:05 PM

someone drop wizkids a line and tell them they can't sculpt any better than I can. (One of my worst insults) Seriously the miniture is horrible. Well I was contiplating buying MWDA (well the rules) just to see how it plays but after seeing them do that to that mech.... It was the first mech I was ever shown and to be honest it scared me this just makes me laught and as for a poor heat dispatation the original only had an over heat of 5 if it alpha striked. Atualy I'm going to the WizKid web site forums to make sure they know I'm not happy
Not best happy
Challenger
realworldviews
08/07/02 11:50 PM

They have yet to release the picture for the mech that will be called the Timber Wolf in MWDA. The 1st picture was a toy to be released and the the 2nd was the tree house (which I must say is pretty damn cool).

But we do know that it will probably barely look like a Timber Wolf.
Colonel Brian Davis
Gamers United
"Dreams become reality, for all who start off with a dream"
MadWolf
08/09/02 02:28 PM

After Seeing that , Death has become welcome to me....
Nothing is Impossible, It is only Improbable.
Karagin
08/09/02 03:03 PM

Seems there are two version of the Atlas out for MWDA, one with tusks and the one above with spikes.
Karagin

novakitty
08/09/02 06:00 PM

A small pulse laser is a bit inefficient to cut trees, and has the irritating change of stortingthe entire forest ablaze.
meow
novakitty
08/09/02 08:53 PM

No military would do such a thing, but in the secluded worlds that suffered most from "WOB vs. everyone", despiration leads to anything being used in battle.

Side note, the flail and nunchuku (spelling?) were originally tools to prepare grain, but make effective weapons in a pinch. The classic mace is an advancement of the more classic club, also known as any heavy stick.

Most weapons I know of are the result of tinkering with something that was used in an act of desperation.

All that said, I would still prefer to pilot any combat mech over a slightly modified tree-cutter. Although a mech designed to put out fires would be fun against unarmored infantry (or unarmed civilians for that matter).
meow
KamikazeJohnson
08/09/02 09:02 PM

>>Although a mech designed to put out fires would be fun against unarmored infantry (or unarmed civilians for that matter). <<

Or against Flamethrower infantry
Peace is that glorious moment in history when everyone stands around reloading.
--Thomas Jefferson
Pages: 1
Extra information
1 registered and 156 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 5539

Contact Admins Sarna.net