Shipping Lanes and Trade routes...

Pages: 1
Karagin
08/06/02 12:49 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Does anyone have an idea on what and where the major lanes of ship traffic would be in the Inner Sphere?

By this I mean areas where jumpships are always coming and going...the house capitals are a given as is Terra, but where esle would these routes and such be?
Karagin

Given time and plenty of paper, a philosopher can prove anything.
CrayModerator
08/06/02 01:42 PM

The problem is, there's two thousand inhabited planets with average populations in the billions.

For example, Betelgeuse nominally supplies 1/3 of the CC's consumer goods. Obviously, Betelgeuse is going to be neck-deep in jumpships and dropships, but the destinations for those ships will be all over the Confederation.

Hesperus II is the same way. Defiance Industries ships implements of destruction across the LC/FC/LA, so it'll have a lot of visitors, but the "routes" will be all over the place.

And there's only ~2000 jumpships (in 3025, in the Inner Sphere) for those 2000 stars. There won't be many dense trade routes.

In summary: it'd be really hard to pin down distinct trade routes in the modern BT era. There aren't enough ships to create dense traffic, and there's too many places to visit. The Clans probably have a fairly solid chain to the Inner Sphere and Clan Homeworlds.
Mike Miller, Materials Engineer

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
Karagin
08/06/02 01:44 PM

Part of this is to try and map out trade routes for supply reasons...and to get an idea to what goes where kind of thing...thanks for the info it does help.

Anyone else have ideas or hints or thoughts?
Karagin

Karagin
08/06/02 03:41 PM

Sounds like you are following me on this one!

That is what I had in mind...
Karagin

Nightward
08/06/02 05:29 PM

I found this whilst trawling the net a few years ago. It doesn't show the "main" routes, but it does have all of the radial and tether lines of Jump Ship travel throughout the sphere. Also, there's a Jump Ship course plotter in the Archives here, IIRC.

http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Vault/2493/

Damn, I'm good
Yea, verily. Let it be known far and wide that Nightward loathes MW: DA. Indeed, it is with the BURNING ANIMUS OF A THOUSAND SUNS that he doth rage against it with.
Karagin
08/06/02 08:47 PM

Thanks!

As for the good part well, let's not go there...I will take your word on it.
Karagin

Nightward
08/07/02 05:02 PM

It was early in the morning and I had not had any caffiene. Same as now, really. I hadn't slept at all in the three preceeding days, so I was impressed with my ability to think logically and remember something from so long ago at that time
Yea, verily. Let it be known far and wide that Nightward loathes MW: DA. Indeed, it is with the BURNING ANIMUS OF A THOUSAND SUNS that he doth rage against it with.
Pages: 1
Extra information
1 registered and 77 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 2976

Contact Admins Sarna.net