Problem with The Drawing Board

Pages: 1
KamikazeJohnson
08/22/02 06:51 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Anyone know of any specific conflicts with TDB and Win2k? Just after I upgraded my PC, I installed TDB, ran it once and everything worked, now I get no display...the program runs, but it doesn't seem to open a window for itself. Any ideas?
Peace is that glorious moment in history when everyone stands around reloading.
--Thomas Jefferson
masdog5
08/22/02 07:44 PM

On one of my computers, I have Win2k and TDB works perfectly fine. However, you might want to activate Win2k's compatability layer(cant remember off the top of my head how to do that, but Microsofts Knowledge Base has a detailed article on it...if you want to deal with that..).

Otherwise, just uninstall and reinstall it...that usually works for me when I have problems with something(except when my win2k computer decided that it didnt like MPEG video files....grr)
KamikazeJohnson
08/22/02 07:52 PM

>>Otherwise, just uninstall and reinstall it...that usually works for me when I have problems with something(except when my win2k computer decided that it didnt like MPEG video files....grr) <<

Already tried reinstalling...no luck. I'll try looking for the compatibility feature...here's hoping
--Thomas Jefferson
Karagin
08/22/02 11:58 PM

I had that problem with ME...but after a couple of tries it booted up fine...keep trying it should work out...
Karagin

Given time and plenty of paper, a philosopher can prove anything.
KamikazeJohnson
08/23/02 01:18 AM

umm...I'v been trying several times daily for over a week. I never had this problem when I used ME...it always worked perfectly for me
--Thomas Jefferson
Karagin
08/23/02 10:38 AM

Do the control alt delete thing to bring up what is running and see if you can turn off some things like MotMontior etc...and see if that helps.

One reason I stuck with WIN ME is that it works and I have had less issues with it then XP...

What I would find is it would load up but nohtings was there, which is what is happening to you, so a control alt delete would let me cancele the six tries and out of that five would close and the sixth one would then come up.

Another idea is to go into your main TDB file area and click on one of the mechs and then see if it loads up. There could be a routing problem.

If you have the Vehicle Factory then see if that is loading up or not as well.
Karagin

Given time and plenty of paper, a philosopher can prove anything.
NathanKell
08/23/02 05:41 PM

I believe there is a known issue with TDB where it somehow records its window position as off the screen.

One thing to try: load it up (it won't appear) and press alt, spacebar, m, then an arrow key, then move the mouse (all without clicking). see if that "pops" the window back.

If not, there is a solution; I just forget what it is. Search on CBT, if the archive goes back far enough; I know someone had this problem and had it fixed there.
-NathanKell, BT Space Wars
Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear.
Thomas Jefferson
KamikazeJohnson
08/23/02 07:39 PM

That got it solved! Much better!

Thx man!
--Thomas Jefferson
Teutatez
03/17/10 09:02 AM

Can you please tell me how you solved this problem? Because I have the same problem.

Thanks!
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 61 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 6012

Contact Admins Sarna.net