What I know about the WoB Jihad:

Pages: 1
Countergod
08/30/02 02:17 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
THis is a second hand account of what a hacker did (he found this site on the CBT site and posted it):

Apparently, the Jihad is just a continuation of the Amaris Coup. The RimWorld (last word which I forgot) had territory in where the OZ is now, but apparently expanded all the way around the Lyran Commonweath to the FWL in a sicle shaped empire. Noone knew about this, and when the SW started, noone bothered to expand (convienient....) thus Amaris had setup factories with food being shipped in from elsewhere on all the planets (aparently hundreds)... and these factories have been going for hundreds of years. Some guy named Devlin Stone (possibly Arthur SD (if you pronounce Davion-Steiner in a mumble, you could see it)) escapes from WoB reeducation and leads a coalition of the Inner Sphere and Some Clans to victory after more than a decade, then go to the rim. There, they find that until the WoB found them, they thought that the War Amaris started was still going on. THey also find that these people have been completely brainwashed by 15 + years of contact with the WoB. (possibly by the WoB telling them that they are Amaris' succesors) anyways, Devlin Stone retires from public life in 3110 and says that he will appear agian if needed. (read Kahless the unforgetable here) in 3120 (or so, I forget the exact date) a WoB virus activates and kills all HPG Comms in the inner Sphere and Clans, and each lord gets construction mechs with MG's strapped on to fight other lords.

Thus the Dark Age begins......

And as for Star Wars, the Yussan Vong (or however it is spelled) invasion is just like the Clan. I am still in shock from Cruncy's (chewie for those who could never have fun with starwars) and Anican Solo's deaths. (and possibly Jacen). Other than this, I think that the new story line is interesting, unlike the Dark Age story line, which is complete bull.
***Chemistry is like art. One wrong move can really ruin your day!***

To: All other empire leaders
Subject: Hi Neveron
Date Sent: 7/12/3222 12:50:00 AM

May i just point out u all suck
Maj. NevLord Madman
Karagin
08/30/02 02:31 AM

Would you happen to have the site's URL that the hacker found???
Karagin

Given time and plenty of paper, a philosopher can prove anything.
The_Nice_Guy
08/30/02 07:01 AM

Confirm or deny?

That sounds quite a bit incredible.

And if the Wobblies had all those resorces, how did they lose?

*scratches head*

The Puzzled Guy
Beyond common courage. The mark of a true soldier.
Greyslayer
08/30/02 08:17 AM

It sounds more like a hoax to me. No way would Fasa-WK be that stupid to try a storyline like that. Next thing you know the Borgarines will attack.

Greyslayer
Karagin
08/30/02 08:32 AM

The storyline already has them tossing nukes at just about everyone and then some...so why isn't this rumor believeable?

Karagin

Warner_Doles
08/30/02 09:00 AM

THis is a second hand account of what a hacker did (he found this site on the CBT site and posted it):

Really? This person must have put that up himself because I certainly did not put that up there on the site that I maintain for FanPro. So I guess this means this information is false.

ClassicBattleTech.com has nothing to do with MechWarrior Darkages nor do we have any information on the site concerning the universe. So what you were given was a lie and someone just blew smoke. This might have been different had you said this person hacked WizKids site. So take that with a grain of salt.
Greyslayer
08/30/02 09:17 AM

Just the sheer audacity to believe a area larger than a faction that is most probably nowhere near as far from the IS as the clans were (in fact I would say it would be only several jumps from lyran worlds to support the 'Rim Worlds theory') that they were not found way earlier than this and that WoB could keep this a secret

The other thing is for 300 years this industrial faction kept producing without doing anything. Nothing, just kept working away .... for Three-hundred years. Anyone else find that beyond belief?

Also it would ring true of something a 5-year old would say. For those that have a friend when young and they get into an argument like:

"My Optimus Prime beats up your Megatron"
"Oh yeah? While your Optimus is trying to beat my Megatron my Deceptacons take out Autobot headquarters."
"Oh yeah? Well Cybertron materialises and takes out all of your deceptacons beat that."

This would fall right in line of a pre-teenage kids idea if this is the storyline.as it pans out.

Greyslayer
Greyslayer
08/30/02 09:23 AM

Just curious about FM: Mercenaries Revised. The fact that Outreach is nuked out of the game virtually means that the data contained in the FM could be useless after 3067. If you can answer this, does the FM contain information as to how mercs operate after the 3067 attack?

Greyslayer
Warner_Doles
08/30/02 09:34 AM

Before I answer that Grey... let me get clarficiation on that. I'm incline to say that all information we are putting out now in the Field Manuals are before Jihad. I know that Field Manual Update is. So let me find out for sure before I say yes it is. Fair enough?
Greyslayer
08/30/02 09:49 AM

Thats fine. Mucho appreciated.

Greyslayer
The_Nice_Guy
08/30/02 11:07 AM

No... But we could always have a race of bird legged aliens invade the Inne Sphere with souped up Locusts!

The Crazed Guy
Karagin
08/30/02 11:17 AM

I agree the idea is far fetched...but given some of the other things and current things we are forced to take on face value as both canon fact and as future events the wackiness of the above summary isn't that far fetched when taken with all the other items...

IT could be worse, the bird aliens from Far Country could be invading...
Karagin

Greyslayer
08/30/02 11:23 AM

I'd like salvage rights as a merc in that universe ....

'You want eating rights?'

Greyslayer
Greyslayer
08/30/02 11:25 AM

What is wrong with those bird aliens?

I hear they go well in a curry.

Greyslayer
Chas
08/30/02 11:40 AM

First off, if he 'found' this on CBT (which is very unlikely), he didn't 'hack' anything.

Second, I'd like a link to where this person supposedly posted this information.

Third, this is just a regurgitation of a lot of stuff that was already known about the Jihad and the Dark Ages....as well as a bunch of threads here and on CBT.com speculating about the meaning of all that's going on in these plot lines.

So, most likely, this person merely read the existing materials off the WizKids site, or in discussions on various boards (including CBT and Sarna), and merely passed it off to someplace else.

Also, as one who's actually followed the plotline for the SW novels about the Yuhzan Vong, I'd have to say that your comparison between them and the Clans is extremely superficial at best.
---
"High necked fashions just became the IN thing here on Tharkad."

-- Morgan Kell
-- Grave Covenant
Karagin
08/30/02 11:48 AM

Nothing is wrong with the bird aliens as long as you let them mainate over night in a wine sauce.

Karagin

The_Nice_Guy
08/30/02 01:10 PM

No dammit!

My mom has a perfect recipe involving cucumber, dark soya sauce, and garlic!

Ok, ok, it's a Capellan thing.

The Angry Guy
Karagin
08/30/02 03:05 PM

If all eles fails just fry them and have fried chicken...
Karagin

Countergod
08/30/02 03:12 PM

This was at the beginning of the summer break. and I dont know about it except for what my local BT commando told me (he saw it). Apparently, THis was posted by a hacker on the ACTUAL CBT site.

And as for the Yuzhan Vong invasion, hows a group with new and superior technology invading from outside known space for you (if you want more, hows the fact that they entered through the north side of the galaxy according to the maps? or that thier objective was to take the capital of the republic?)

Maj. NevLord Madman
Countergod
08/30/02 03:15 PM

I dont know if I made this clear but i wil put in in all caps so people know I said this:

THIS IS A SECOND HAND ACCOUNT! I ONLY KNOW WHAT SOMEONE TOLD ME AND I AM PASSING A RUMOR!

Maj. NevLord Madman
Countergod
08/30/02 04:23 PM

Please se my message in this thread under "clarification"

Maj. NevLord Madman
Pages: 1
Extra information
1 registered and 125 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 6266

Contact Admins Sarna.net