LAMs

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | (show all)
Christopher_Perkins
04/25/09 12:24 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
In what manner is his Balancer LAM illegal?

Tonnage? the Tonnage of the LAMs were originally not limited to 55 Tons... it was only for the last one or two iterations of the rules that the limit has been in place. If you do nto blast JRE from Vegas for his extra Large LAMs, then there really isnt much point in hounding New Type for it.

Equipment? as long as he runs the equipment through ricks bv generator then the BV should be usable

and if he Generates Three BV, one for each mode, and then uses the Highest BV.. this then works.

That is, provided that he is capable of runnning the BV or BV2 properly

Edited by Christopher_Perkins (04/25/09 12:26 PM)
GiovanniBlasini
04/25/09 11:31 PM

Quote:

In what manner is his Balancer LAM illegal?

I did a breakdown of the unit and its legality in the Balancer LAM thread. Check it out there for more information.
Member of the Pundit Caste
"Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We're evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that." -- Col. Saul Tigh, BSG2003
Christopher_Perkins
04/26/09 12:52 AM

found it
Christopher Robin Perkins

It is my opinion that all statements should be questioned, digested, disected, tasted, and then either spit out or adopted... RHIP is not a god given shield
Newtype
04/27/09 01:07 PM

GiovanniBlasini, I responded to your breakdown of my Balancer. With the Think Tank Life Path I was able to improvise LAM construction.
http://www.gp.org
http://www.VoteSwift.org
DOWN WITH CORPORATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!
POWER TO THE PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
His_Most_Royal_Highass_Donkey
04/28/09 02:18 AM

Quote:

GiovanniBlasini, I responded to your breakdown of my Balancer. With the Think Tank Life Path I was able to improvise LAM construction.

AKA you are trying to cheat more.
Why argue if the glass is half full or half empty, when you know someone is going to knock it over and spill it anyways.

I was a Major *pain* before
But I got a promotion.
I am now a General *pain*
Yay for promotions!!!
Newtype
04/28/09 06:20 PM

Do you even know what the Think Tank Life Path is? It's a Classic BattleTech RPG life path that can enable someone to design pretty much anything. Go to this link:
http://www.classicbattletech.com/index.php?action=downloads
Click on Life Path Master Table and open that file. Search for "Great Houses gather" and you should find the Think Tank Life Path.
http://www.gp.org
http://www.VoteSwift.org
DOWN WITH CORPORATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!
POWER TO THE PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
MaiShirunaiispretty
04/28/09 06:59 PM

Due to how players keep disagreeing as to what book LAM rules should be published in, there's a 50/50 chance of LAM rules being published in a CBT reference book, a 50/50 chance of them being published in an updated Tactical Operations book, and a 50/50 chance of them being published in an updated Total Warfare book. I SAY COMPROMISE put LAM RULES IN TACTICAL OPERATIONS!!!!!!
Wow, those bracing maneuvers sure do come in handy when firing proximity fused precision cluster flak ammo at a Balancer LAM. Unfortunately they make my 'Mech an immobile target for that LAM. Oh well, at least I'm getting partial cover.
Lafeel
04/28/09 08:00 PM

Your maths are their usual faulty selves, that's a even 150%
Prince_of_Darkness
04/28/09 09:24 PM

Quote:

Due to how players keep disagreeing as to what book LAM rules should be published in, there's a 50/50 chance of LAM rules being published in a CBT reference book, a 50/50 chance of them being published in an updated Tactical Operations book, and a 50/50 chance of them being published in an updated Total Warfare book. I SAY COMPROMISE put LAM RULES IN TACTICAL OPERATIONS!!!!!!

BAAAWWWWWW
adamwehn
04/28/09 10:18 PM

How about they appear in no future Battletech books, since they suck!
GiovanniBlasini
04/28/09 11:09 PM

Quote:

Still doesn't allow you to break the rules, or make your design in any way legal.

Seriously, someone sat down and tried bringing that to the gaming table, I'm deploying Manei Domini with nuclear Davy Crockett ordinance on general principle.
"Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We're evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that." -- Col. Saul Tigh, BSG2003
GiovanniBlasini
04/28/09 11:13 PM

Quote:

The chances of already-published books getting revised to include LAM rules in their next publication is essentially zero. Their page count is high enough already. If the developers choose to revisit LAM rules, they'll be published, as Herb I think stated at one point on CBT.com, in an "appropriate book".
His_Most_Royal_Highass_Donkey
04/28/09 11:34 PM

Quote:

Your maths are their usual faulty selves, that's a even 150%

Sorry, but you don't add odds like that you multiply them. That would be run the gambit from .125% chance of not being in any of the books to a .125% chance in being in all of the books, of course that is if he knew what he was talking about. The real odds are 0% chance of being in any of the books.

Why argue if the glass is half full or half empty, when you know someone is going to knock it over and spill it anyways.

I was a Major *pain* before
But I got a promotion.
I am now a General *pain*
Yay for promotions!!!
CrayModerator
04/29/09 08:47 AM

Karagin,

If you find something productive in keeping this thread open for further arguments with HeroChip, send me a PM and I'll unlock the thread. Right now, this thread seems to have ceased being sensible around October of '08 when HeroChip/NewType jumped in and the subsequent X hundred posts have not added to it, so I'm locking it.
Mike Miller, Materials Engineer

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | (show all)
Extra information
0 registered and 92 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 139396

Contact Admins Sarna.net