LAMs

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | >> (show all)
SwordofLightwaiver
04/10/09 05:59 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Whereas I use HDR to win lotteries, Newtype uses RV. The HDR is a time travel device invented by Steven Gibbs. Art Bell talked with Mr. Gibbs on his radio show alot.
If 9/11 was part of God the system's plan then should the USA surrender to the terrorists or go to war against God? I say surrender.
His_Most_Royal_Highass_Donkey
04/10/09 06:03 PM

I did not check your IP address before claiming your newtype, I did not think of it. Looking at your IP address it does not mach even closely. You still sound just like him.
Why argue if the glass is half full or half empty, when you know someone is going to knock it over and spill it anyways.

I was a Major *pain* before
But I got a promotion.
I am now a General *pain*
Yay for promotions!!!
SwordofLightwaiver
04/10/09 06:08 PM

What's Newtype's opinion of what should be done in response to 9/11?
If 9/11 was part of God the system's plan then should the USA surrender to the terrorists or go to war against God? I say surrender.
04/10/09 06:16 PM

Quote:

Whereas I use HDR to win lotteries, Newtype uses RV. The HDR is a time travel device invented by Steven Gibbs. Art Bell talked with Mr. Gibbs on his radio show alot.

OK you're not newtype, you're even a bigger nut than newtype. There are only two kinds of people that listened to art bell, nut cases, and the people that listened to have a good laugh at art bell and the nut cases he had on his show.
Why argue if the glass is half full or half empty, when you know someone is going to knock it over and spill it anyways.

But I got a promotion.
Yay for promotions!!!
04/10/09 06:21 PM

Quote:

What's Newtype's opinion of what should be done in response to 9/11?

Don't know don't care, and since I know that you're a nut case, I don't care about your opinion either. But I am sure just like newtype you will tell us.

But I got a promotion.
Yay for promotions!!!
SwordofLightwaiver
04/10/09 06:23 PM

Oh so the fact that I'm abiding by the In God We Trust motto to encourage the USA to surrender makes me a nutcase, huh?
GiovanniBlasini
04/10/09 10:34 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Huh. Gonna disagree on that assertion.

Which that I want LAMs in Total Warfare or that the scumbucket rule typists won't put LAMs in Total Warfare because they're Clan biased or both?

The former is your personal opinion. The latter is a specific claim, one that I know to be false. The reasoning as to why LAM rules haven't been published in any of the Total Warfare suite of books has been detailed in this thread at length, and is directly related to rules complexity.

Quote:

My game designing is that in which uses the Torque engine; not that crappy game desgning engine Microsoft used for MCG. I used to work for Jerry McManus designing Super Conflict: The MidEast for the SNES.

Torque's kind of old, don't you think? We're talking about an eight-year old game engine at this point. I mean, sure, there's been community coding and updates since then, but there are undoubtedly newer, better engines out there.

Quote:

Yes, I really do. I use the HDR to win lotteries.

I'm not clear on how high dynamic range imaging would help one win lotteries. I assume you're referring to something else?

Quote:

So, newtype has a forth account.

A quick whois search of the publically-posted IP addresses here on Sarna makes it highly unlikely that they're the same person. As I mentioned in another thread, it doesn't look like what I'd see with an anonymous proxy, and this kind of IP spoofing would be very weird for Newtype to suddenly start using this late in the game.

Besides, posting style seems very different between the two. I'd say they're two different people.
Member of the Pundit Caste
"Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We're evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that." -- Col. Saul Tigh, BSG2003
Prince_of_Darkness
04/11/09 12:01 AM

Quote:

Oh so the fact that I'm abiding by the In God We Trust motto to encourage the USA to surrender makes me a nutcase, huh?

No, it makes you look like an ignorant prick who believes there is a conspiracy behind everything.

Saying that, it appears to me that you need to LURK MOAR.
Christopher_Perkins
04/11/09 01:31 AM

Quote:

The reasoning as to why LAM rules haven't been published in any of the Total Warfare suite of books has been detailed in this thread at length, and is directly related to rules complexity.

Define "Total Warfare Cycle of Books" Indications are that LAMs will be in the "other Era's of BattleTech" portion of InterStellar Operations Manual...

Complexity is why it was left out of Total Warfare and Tech Manual... is that the extent of "Total Warfare Cycle of Books"

They were going to leave LAMs out of the new core rules to 'put them in their place'... dead rules that no one should care about that they were forced to fix because AT2 broke them, but a tertiary product would have been a fine place to bury the dead horse.
Luckily they saw fit to put them into one of the Core Rules Books in a section earmarked for dead rules instead of a tertiary product...

hopefully the writer has an up to date subscription to "Clue"

I just hope the writer doesnt accidentally munch out by making the wings impossible to hit by using the rear armour represent them...

LAMs are Weak and Die Fast... and hiding the most critical and vulnerable part behind the parts that you -can- hit does NOT do that
Christopher Robin Perkins

It is my opinion that all statements should be questioned, digested, disected, tasted, and then either spit out or adopted... RHIP is not a god given shield
GiovanniBlasini
04/11/09 01:59 AM

Quote:

Define "Total Warfare Cycle of Books" Indications are that LAMs will be in the "other Era's of BattleTech" portion of InterStellar Operations Manual...

Has that been publically announced or verified, though?
"Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We're evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that." -- Col. Saul Tigh, BSG2003
Christopher_Perkins
04/11/09 03:20 PM

Quote:

Quote:

not sure... Its a little too specific to be discarded out of hand... have you asked them about it?

It is my opinion that all statements should be questioned, digested, disected, tasted, and then either spit out or adopted... RHIP is not a god given shield
Newtype
04/11/09 06:20 PM

I am not SwordofLightwaiver. It is true I've been using RV to play the lottery. I've only had three successful RV sessions where once I saw four ARV objects corresponding to lottery numbers, once I saw five ARV objects corresponding to a winning Powerball number and a telepathic message I did in an RV attempt to tell myself before a Powerball lottery was played the winning Powerball number. I did a Google search for HDR Steven Gibbs and found these websites:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=HDR+Steven+Gibbs&aq=f&oq=
I don't even listen to Art Bell.
GiovanniBlasini
04/11/09 07:10 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

not sure... Its a little too specific to be discarded out of hand... have you asked them about it?

I'm still curious as to where you saw that in the first place.
Christopher_Perkins
04/11/09 11:02 PM

Either HM Pro or BattleCorps

SwordofLightwaiver
04/12/09 03:54 PM

Since Microsoft is profit craving, Microsoft will be very grateful with the money I offer them for the exclusive rights to designing Classic BattleTech electronic games. The days of pencil & paper Classic BattleTech games will be over. A new day will soon dawn in the making of electronic wargames. I'll have Land Air Mechs as the premier units on the cover of each expanded Total Warfare CD. NewPharoah Max, I would suggest another rule for LAMs that while a LAM is transforming from one mode to another, each Determining Critical Hits Table roll has a +3 modifier and a LAM in any fully transformed mode has a +2 modifier applied to each Determining Critical Hit Table roll.

Edited by SwordofLightwaiver (04/12/09 04:39 PM)
GiovanniBlasini
04/13/09 03:04 AM

Quote:

Since Microsoft is profit craving, Microsoft will be very grateful with the money I offer them for the exclusive rights to designing Classic BattleTech electronic games.

Monopoly money isn't really worth much in the real world.

Quote:

The days of pencil & paper Classic BattleTech games will be over. A new day will soon dawn in the making of electronic wargames. I'll have Land Air Mechs as the premier units on the cover of each expanded Total Warfare CD.

Or...not.

Quote:

NewPharoah Max, I would suggest another rule for LAMs that while a LAM is transforming from one mode to another, each Determining Critical Hits Table roll has a +3 modifier and a LAM in any fully transformed mode has a +2 modifier applied to each Determining Critical Hit Table roll.

Having trouble keeping your sock puppets straight?
Newtype
04/13/09 01:14 PM

And, Christopher Perkins, when I had $10,000+ money I would have been willing to have spent $2,500 for a very advanced Total Warfare egame.
http://www.gp.org
http://www.VoteSwift.org
DOWN WITH CORPORATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!
POWER TO THE PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
04/13/09 01:49 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Since Microsoft is profit craving, Microsoft will be very grateful with the money I offer them for the exclusive rights to designing Classic BattleTech electronic games.

Monopoly money isn't really worth much in the real world.

Heehaw! Heehaw! Heehaw! Heehaw!

OK, I had a real good laugh over that one!

But I got a promotion.
Yay for promotions!!!
Christopher_Perkins
04/14/09 01:44 AM

Quote:

And, Christopher Perkins, when I had $10,000+ money I would have been willing to have spent $2,500 for a very advanced Total Warfare egame.

so, what is your gripe with having to pay 6*26 to 45 = $156 to $270 to get a very advanced game that covers from the individual Mechwarrior in "A Time of War: The BattleTech RolePlaying Game" to the so basic that Every Game has it and the Tournaments are so Chaotic as to be Limited to it "Total Warfare", to the Construction rules in "TechManual", to the point that the REAL game play and Construction rules Start to appear in "Tactical Operations Manual", to the Strategic and Campaign Play that apppears in "Strategic Operations Manual" and is expanded upon in Interstellar Operations Manual.

I mean Really, why are you so put out that LAMs are not in something so meaningless as the useless "Tournament Legal Book" lets put it this way, how important is the floor.... without the house a foundation is just a parking space

If that is the only book that a player gets, then they DESSERVE to get screwed out of the rest of the game.

I am quite glad that the Powers that Be have finally stopped listening to the bitching that caused the last batch of PTBs move the Campaign only rules like Customization, Salvage and Repair from Maximum Tech to BattleTech Master Rules Revised (no level three rules in the BMR R, yeah right, pull the other one, it has bells on it)

Zandel_Corrin
04/14/09 03:35 AM

And the salvage and repair rules in BMRR were CRAP. If they were at least good rules that covered at least most possible salvage and repair situations then that would be ok but they just plain sucked.

I'd like to see some DETAILED salvage and repair rules but you don't see me posting masses and masses or useless crap arguments about them do you?
Galaxy Commander
Zandel Corrin
Night Dragon Clan
Newtype
04/14/09 12:55 PM

You, Christopher Perkins, are just jealous that a Balancer LAM can pretty much defeat any other unit in one unit vs. one unit combat.
adamwehn
04/14/09 12:59 PM

Quote:

You, Christopher Perkins, are just jealous that a Balancer LAM can pretty much defeat any other unit in one unit vs. one unit combat.

No he's totally awed by your blatant stupidity. *puts the Munchkin hat on Chip*
Newtype
04/14/09 01:33 PM

Since I'm smart enough to read so many rules to win many one unit vs. one unit combat, I am therefore not stupid; I'm smart.
Prince_of_Darkness
04/14/09 01:41 PM

Quote:

Since I'm smart enough to read so many rules to win many one unit vs. one unit combat, I am therefore not stupid; I'm smart.

Cause as we all know, winning against a megamek bot with your own guns is HARD WORK.
Newtype
04/14/09 01:43 PM

Prince of Darkness, how would you defeat the Balancer LAM I designed?
Here's a link, note I offered suggestions so that the Balancer LAM uses a pulse laser at extreme range of 50 doing 12 heat and one point of damage.
http://www.sarna.net/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/142766/page/0/fpart/1/vc/1

Check this out for a to-hit modifier:
+1 dual cockpit
+7 jumpglided +25 hexes
+2 moved additional 2 hexes in accordance with Field Manual special ability
+10 at extreme range with Null Signature System
+7 Excellent Evading (my version of skilled evading with advanced ability of evading)
+2 prone and partial cover by having LAM crouch lay against hillside
+2 intervening heavy woods
+3 camoflauge painting for woods
+1 Phantom Combat ability from MechForce Quarterly
equals +35 to-hit modifier

Edited by Newtype (04/14/09 01:55 PM)
adamwehn
04/14/09 01:55 PM

Quote:

Yeah so smart that you come up with the stupidest equipment and the most munchkin designs. Not my idea of a high IQ, more like my idea of someone trying to make up for lack of IQ and lack of size somewhere else.
Newtype
04/14/09 01:57 PM

How is my equipment stupid? Only the jealous who lose in CBT combat complain about munchkin designs.
adamwehn
04/14/09 01:58 PM

Quote:

How is my equipment stupid? Only the jealous who lose in CBT combat complain about munchkin designs.

Whatever munchkin. *sends you to the land of Oz*
Newtype
04/14/09 01:59 PM

And I meet with the wizard to learn how to be even more munchy.
Lefric
04/14/09 02:07 PM

PLEASE!!!!!!! QUIT FEEDING THE TROLL!
"We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence upon those who would do us harm." -George Orwell
Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | >> (show all)
Extra information
0 registered and 63 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 139312

Contact Admins Sarna.net