LAMs

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | >> (show all)
Prince_of_Darkness
12/20/08 10:22 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Quote:

Except that makes no sense. Hell, that logic is convoluted enough to make me think you're Newtype under a new name...

He is.
Newtype
12/21/08 01:17 PM

I don't want LAM rules in Tactical Operations. I want them in Total Warfare. The random units tables must be omitted in favor of LAM rules. Let the players have more control over what units they want to use. Some claim that those tables are for specific tournaments such as the Martial Olympiad. But players could have gotten their units from other affiliations due to trading, LosTech discovery, theft, etc.
http://www.gp.org
http://www.VoteSwift.org
DOWN WITH CORPORATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!
POWER TO THE PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Christopher_Perkins
12/21/08 04:16 PM

New Type... I am Being Brutally Honest Here

LAMs, if they are re-published at all, will be in on of the Historicals set in the Star League Era

This is the Best that we can hope For

1: The Powers that Be (Line Developer, and the other Decision Makers), Frankly, Hate the idea of Transforming Units, and have stated this repeatedly.

If they saw free to alter the Canon, they Would have expunged them from the books, instead, they confined themselves to "Destroying" the factories retroactively to game year 3054 (Objective Raids (c) 1992) When Invading Clans (Game Year 3058) was Published was published in 1994.

So, Having them in a Historical is where they would be, if at all, since the Powers that Be are Adamant in their statement that Land Air Mechs do NOT exist (as a viable combat unit) in 3067...

and 3067 is when the current Core Rules are being Written For, so they will not be in any book that could be, even remotely, considered a Core Book.

2: If they wanted Land Air Mechs to be in a Core Book, it would NOT be Total Warfare, which is the basic, bare minimum, absurdly limited, skeleton of the Game Playing Rules.

If the Land Air Mechs were a current (3067) Technology, then Tactical Operations Manual or Strategic Operations Manual would have been the appropriate place for their publication. And, Again, this is something that the Powers that be have stated (for Tactical Operations Manual when SOM was a distant cloud on the horizon and TOM was looming).

LAMs were Never Tournament Legal (That killed it for Total Warfare)
LAMs were Never in the BattleTech Boxed Set (They were in AeroTech) (That Killed it For rules level 1, and again for Total Warfare)
LAMs were moved into the Rules Level 3 (Advanced/Experimental/Optional) Books as soon as the numbered rules levels were defined, and then excluded form the next edition of the Rules Level 3 (Advanced/Experimental/Optional)

3: New Type, I Beg you, Do NOT screw up the work that I put in to getting them to even consider Revising and republishing the rules for the Historicals.

It was only that the AeroTech Rules were revised to the point that Land Air Mechs were non Starters in AeroTech 2 that made it even a talking point for them to be revised / reprinted for Historicals purposes.
Christopher Robin Perkins

It is my opinion that all statements should be questioned, digested, disected, tasted, and then either spit out or adopted... RHIP is not a god given shield
Newtype
12/29/08 02:50 PM

So why is it that real life religions are mentioned in TW first edition but apparently not rules for LAMs? Real life religions belong in RPG book, not TW. LAM rules belong in TW.
MacLeod
12/29/08 04:03 PM

Because the religions are mentioned in passing as simple, interesting fluff for the various realms, whereas LAMs require rules.
Drugs don't kill people, pancreatic cancer kills people.

... and whoever heard of a drug that causes pancreatic cancer?
His_Most_Royal_Highass_Donkey
12/31/08 03:40 AM

There will be no LAMs in any game that I play in or run. There stupid and moronic. Battlemechs defy logic enough with out making it worse with LAMs.

If you want to play with LAMs play Robotech!!!
Why argue if the glass is half full or half empty, when you know someone is going to knock it over and spill it anyways.

I was a Major *pain* before
But I got a promotion.
I am now a General *pain*
Yay for promotions!!!
Christopher_Perkins
01/01/09 12:56 PM

Quote:

There will be no LAMs in any game that I play in or run. There stupid and moronic. Battlemechs defy logic enough with out making it worse with LAMs.

Donkey...

Land Air Mechs, Airmechs & BattleMechs are BattleTech

Veritechs, Guardians, Battleoids are RoboTech

Valkyries, Gerwalks, & Battroids are Macross

BTW the thing that is stupid and Moronic is you having such an issue with the existance of an optional rule that you can choose to use or not...

You and I both know that Land Air Mechs do not belong in the Standard/Tournament Rules (the Non-Optional rules) but the time to exclude LAMs from the game was 1986...

LAMs and fighters were introduced as optional rules in AeroTech, when Total Warfare was Published Fighters became part of the Standard Game and Land Air Mechs were left in the Optional Rules Set...

LAMs do not exist as viable combat units in 3067... from 2680 - 3054 they are Viable units (optional rules for games set during this period)

so... what is your Gripe?

It is my opinion that all statements should be questioned, digested, disected, tasted, and then either spit out or adopted... RHIP is not a god given shield
Newtype
01/02/09 11:22 AM

There were no more IS WarShips and shipyards to build them until about 3057. So if there are new shipyards for WarShips, then there can be new LAM factories.
Newtype
01/03/09 12:03 PM

The kitworking miniatures part near the end of TW could be removed to make room for new LAM rules and some rules from Tactical Operations such as evading. What disappoints me about TW is that those who've purchased many CBT products were never asked for their opinions on what rules they'd like to see in TW. Well I'm not purchasing anymore CBT products until there's rules for LAMs in TW. I took my copy of TW back to bookstore when I found out there weren't LAM rules in that book.
01/04/09 03:45 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Donkey...

Land Air Mechs, Airmechs & BattleMechs are BattleTech

Veritechs, Guardians, Battleoids are RoboTech

Valkyries, Gerwalks, & Battroids are Macross

BTW the thing that is stupid and Moronic is you having such an issue with the existance of an optional rule that you can choose to use or not...

You and I both know that Land Air Mechs do not belong in the Standard/Tournament Rules (the Non-Optional rules) but the time to exclude LAMs from the game was 1986...

LAMs and fighters were introduced as optional rules in AeroTech, when Total Warfare was Published Fighters became part of the Standard Game and Land Air Mechs were left in the Optional Rules Set...

LAMs do not exist as viable combat units in 3067... from 2680 - 3054 they are Viable units (optional rules for games set during this period)

so... what is your Gripe?

What got up your butt? All I said was that I think LAMs are stupid, and I will have nothing to do with them. Then you went and blew a fuse. I think its time for you to have a chill pill.
Why argue if the glass is half full or half empty, when you know someone is going to knock it over and spill it anyways.

But I got a promotion.
Yay for promotions!!!
Christopher_Perkins
01/05/09 11:38 PM

Quote:

There were no more IS WarShips and shipyards to build them until about 3057. So if there are new shipyards for WarShips, then there can be new LAM factories.

true, however that will not happen since the powers that be hate LAMs... De-Munchkining the rules (physical Attacks, Zero Heat for Movement, poorly understood Wing armour followed by invencible wing armour) is the best that we can hope for as collateral damage from fixing the Rules for AeroTech 2 integration.

Accept that they are going to fix the rules eventually, and hopefully once the errors are fixed then the LAMS will recover from the bad odour that is really only people misinterpeting the rules... or using the excuse of their opponents poor understanding of the rules to CHEAT.

Christopher_Perkins
01/08/09 11:58 PM

Quote:

What got up your butt? All I said was that I think LAMs are stupid, and I will have nothing to do with them. Then you went and blew a fuse. I think its time for you to have a chill pill.

You said Stupid and Moronic...

Those that Like LAMs... (if only because they are already in the game... and only a year or two younger than the game) Are not all like new type

actually, With out Veritechs we probably would have never had BattleTech

Lafeel
01/09/09 03:43 AM

To be fair it would be more appropriate to say that we probably would never have had Battletech if it wasn't for Macross.
Fang
01/09/09 01:55 PM

sry, just read that post. you took back TW just because it did not include an optional rule? that sounds like a colossal waste of time and energy.
One by one, the rabbits are stealing my sanity.....
Christopher_Perkins
01/09/09 09:53 PM

Quote:

To be fair it would be more appropriate to say that we probably would never have had Battletech if it wasn't for Macross.

True Enough... and I should have Said Valkyries (what is the proper Name?) but it was the VeriTech/Valkyries that were the major draw of the Super Dimension Fortress Macross Series series...

2nd Place has to go to the Officers BattlePod Gulag

Christopher_Perkins
01/09/09 09:54 PM

Quote:

sry, just read that post. you took back TW just because it did not include an optional rule? that sounds like a colossal waste of time and energy.

Much less, it shows a total disconnect with the realities of the situation being that Total Warfare was not intended to Have Optional Rules...

Lafeel
01/10/09 07:58 AM

Quote:

Quote:

True Enough... and I should have Said Valkyries (what is the proper Name?) but it was the VeriTech/Valkyries that were the major draw of the Super Dimension Fortress Macross Series series...

2nd Place has to go to the Officers BattlePod Gulag

Yup, that's what they are called all right. Valkyries, as in the norse bringers of the dead (to Valhalla):)
Newtype
01/10/09 04:24 PM

I decided to get a refund for returning TW because it lacked rules for LAMs, optional rules from Maximum Tech/Tactical Handbook and other books & TO, and because aerounits, with their targeting abilities, can outperform ground units.
Christopher_Perkins
01/12/09 08:05 PM

That demonstrates your willful ignorance of reality.

The powers that be have ALWAYS been clear that Total Warfare was ONLY going to the be the Tournament Legal Rules

These are primarily Level 1 & 2 Standard rules from BMR, CEG, Combat Ops, AeroTech 2 Revised, etc

The Consturction Rules for Tournament Legal units were always going to be in Tech Manual...

All that has changed is that certain things have rolled over to Strategic Operations Manual & Interstellar Operations Manual thhat were Originally Intended for Tactical Operations Manual. (LAMs were always going to be Back Burnered for a historicals)

so, it was not the PTB Lying to you... it was you lying to yourself.

Newtype
01/12/09 08:21 PM

So TW was only supposed to be only tournament legal rules eh? In that case the kitworking section should never been a part of TW. I don't recognize kitworking as part of any tournament.

Edited by Newtype (01/12/09 08:42 PM)
01/14/09 08:56 PM

Quote:

so, it was not the PTB Lying to you... it was you lying to yourself.

But he is SOOOO good at it!

But I got a promotion.
Yay for promotions!!!
Lafeel
01/14/09 09:18 PM

Quote:

So TW was only supposed to be only tournament legal rules eh? In that case the kitworking section should never been a part of TW. I don't recognize kitworking as part of any tournament.

Regardless of how much you wish otherwise, you are not a part of the powers that be, so it is not your choice.
Lefric
01/15/09 12:32 PM

Quote:

OK, two things.

1) What is kitworking? I've never heard that term in ten + years of playing battletech.

2) OK, I admit this is my first post, but I've been lurking for several months now that I've found a battletech site not blocked by the proxie server here at work. That being said, I am amazed that you guys keep feeding this troll, especially after you've said he's a troll! Come On! The guy is obviously either 1) trying to anatagonize people for s***s and giggles, or 2) a hopeless idiot. Since I don't want to believe the later of anyone, I must believe the former. Therefore, simply ignore him! If he wants to prove he's a doofus by continually posting such stuff, let him! Just ignore him, and eventually he'll go away!
"We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence upon those who would do us harm." -George Orwell
MacLeod
01/15/09 03:21 PM

Welcome to the boards, Lefric. Newtype presents us with a unique situation - he's pissed enough of us off that the board has been kicked into a state of activity that I haven't seen in a while (nevermind the four years where I stopped visiting the site because I'd stopped playing BT). So yeah, he's a gibbering mouther, but he's got people posting again. Although it seems Cray and Nightward have left for the CBT.com forums again, possibly for good...

Zandel_Corrin
01/15/09 06:03 PM

Mac has a point.... he may be lacking some common sense and logic (ok a LOT of both) but he does get people posting.... besides it's fun to argue some times... even if he'll never listen to reason.
Galaxy Commander
Zandel Corrin
Night Dragon Clan
01/16/09 05:27 AM

Quote:

Mac has a point.... he may be lacking some common sense and logic (ok a LOT of both)

Man your the optimist! I don't think that he has the capacity for either common sense or logic.

But I got a promotion.
Yay for promotions!!!
Lafeel
01/16/09 08:39 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Mac has a point.... he may be lacking some common sense and logic (ok a LOT of both)

Man your the optimist! I don't think that he has the capacity for either common sense or logic.

Come now, with a name like yours you have to respect him for being more stubborn than a mule..(even if you don't agree with a word he says)
Kovax
01/16/09 09:47 AM

I could never understand why they insist on calling it "common sense" when it seems to be such a rare commodity.....

Despite having played BT since before there were "Clans", I too am unfamiliar with the term "kitworking". Can anyone define this for the sake of those of us who seem to have overlooked it?
Lafeel
01/16/09 09:50 AM

Quote:

I could never understand why they insist on calling it "common sense" when it seems to be such a rare commodity.....

Despite having played BT since before there were "Clans", I too am unfamiliar with the term "kitworking". Can anyone define this for the sake of those of us who seem to have overlooked it?

Might be more familiar with the term if I replaced the word "kitworking" with "conversions", ie making something new out of a model, or parts of a model, you aren't using.

Needless to say it is a term familiar to most Warhammer players.
MacLeod
01/16/09 03:19 PM

Aye. I'm used to hearing "kitbashing" rather than "kitworking," and that more from model-building communities rather than miniatures - it comes from the concept of taking two model kits and "bashing" them together in hopes that you wind up making something nifty. In fact, "kitworking" sounds like a rather moronic idiom; it isn't as technically accurate as saying "conversion," and doesn't sound as Orky as anything involving the word "bash," so why bother saying it at all?

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | >> (show all)
Extra information
0 registered and 90 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 140774

Contact Admins Sarna.net