Atlas (Classic vs MWDA) RANT!!!

Pages: 1
BroCaptMaximus
09/07/02 03:40 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
What do you all think of the picture on the CBT homepage? IMHO it's just demonstartes how foolish the new Atlas look is when you stand it up next too the Classic version. It's a cool picture but for the life of me I just can't see where WizKids was going with the new Atlas look. The MWDA Atlas looks anorexic and stunted. It doesn't look nearly as menacing as the classic Atlas, which incidentally towers over the MWDA version.
CrayModerator
09/07/02 12:17 PM

Primary Gripe: The old Atlas is apparently venting a narrow jet of coolant all the way across the picture from its left torso "omni coupling." Either that or the artists didn't read the fluff and thought the "omni coupling" (designed to look like a weapon) was the barrel of the Atlas's AC or GR.

Secondary Gripe: The New Atlas looks goofy. It also appears to have a Play Station 2 in its chest.
Mike Miller, Materials Engineer

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
Countergod
09/07/02 05:23 PM

THAT was an ATLAS???!!!
***Chemistry is like art. One wrong move can really ruin your day!***

To: All other empire leaders
Subject: Hi Neveron
Date Sent: 7/12/3222 12:50:00 AM

May i just point out u all suck
Maj. NevLord Madman
dwug
09/08/02 08:43 AM

The "Face" kinda looks like the "Mark of the Phantom". Maybe they're catering to the morning comics crowd.

dwug
"Good Ash, Bad Ash, you're the one with the gun."
MadWolf
09/09/02 02:51 AM

That Skull on his chest... if memory serves...

Who gave WizKidz the rights to the Punsher Logo???
Nothing is Impossible, It is only Improbable.
Durango
09/16/02 02:47 PM

It was a poor idea to set 'em both up like that, so we could compare them. All it does is reinforce my original opinion...not terribly thrilled with the plastic toy version of the Atlas.

As far as the new face, it reminds me of both the Punisher and The Phantom...but if you go even further back than that...

there used to be a cartoon series on Saturday morning cartoons...back in the days of Sid & Marty Croft, & when Scooby Doo was brand new.

It was a variety show, done with cartoons, and the theme was a haunted house, with every variety of monster...and there were skeletons, always drawn very simply.

That's what it reminds me of...the cartoon was called Groovie Ghoulies, or something like that, and the character was "Napoleon Bones Apart" or something like that. Anyone remember that Saturday morning cartoon? Had Drak, and Bella La Ghostly? For a while they were putting lightswitch stickers in Fruit Loops... ah, nostalgia...

Edited by Durango (09/16/02 02:50 PM)
Pages: 1
Extra information
1 registered and 78 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 4042

Contact Admins Sarna.net