Endgame - End of an era (SPOILERS)

Pages: 1
Toastrider
09/09/02 01:48 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Well, I just finished Endgame... kind of sad to see the 'end of the road' for those characters. Love 'em or hate 'em, they've been the movers and shakers in the BT world, with good stories and bad.

The ending is ... untidy, but that's how most wars end. Not decisively, but with a whimper. Though it's nice to see that after basically crapping ALL over Victor's life for the last six books, they've thrown him a bone in this last one.

Oh well. On to Dark Age, I s'pose... been reading the posts and websites on that. I'll have a separate thread up shortly regarding THAT little jewel.

--Toasty
"The survivors, not the victors, write the history books."
SoyBigHead
09/09/02 03:08 PM

Could you provide some more specific spoils such as "What happens to Katherine" , "Does Vic get his land back?" " what about the clans & ms. steiners infatuation with one vlad?", etc.
"There are three types of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics."
-Mark Twain
Countergod
09/09/02 06:30 PM

I believe from what I have heard before the book was printed ( haven't even bought the book yet ) that Vic goes back to Comstar (they seem to get everybody..) and Yvonne (Is that right?) is first princess and Peter is Archon. Though this is what I have heard, it might not be right.... go get the book and read it, I know I will
***Chemistry is like art. One wrong move can really ruin your day!***

To: All other empire leaders
Subject: Hi Neveron
Date Sent: 7/12/3222 12:50:00 AM

May i just point out u all suck
Maj. NevLord Madman

Edited by Countergod (09/09/02 06:31 PM)
Toastrider
09/09/02 09:59 PM

SPOILERS

Katherine surrenders to Victor's alliance as New Avalon falls. Victor plans to imprison her on Arc-Royal; however, Vlad Ward shows up and asserts a claim on Katherine, and is willing to go to war to enforce it. Seeing no better option, Victor turns Katherine over to Vlad.

Victor does not return to either throne. He abdicates to Peter in the Lyran Alliance, and to Yvonne in the Federated Suns. Victor himself returns to his post as Precentor Martial of ComStar.

The Clans stay out of this one, other than Vlad's interference. The Ghost Bears and the Combine finally reach a truce, which allows the Combine to turn around and beat the crap out of the Draconis March forces invading. Tancred Sandoval does, however, manage to negotiate a truce with Theodore Kurita, ceding control of two worlds in addition to relinquishing authority over the Kuritan worlds captured.

The real kicker comes at the end of the book. Theodore Kurita evidently leaked Omi's autopsy report to Galen Cox, knowing full well that Cox would tell Victor what was inside. In the autopsy notes, it says that Omi....

....had born a child.

--Toasty
"The survivors, not the victors, write the history books."
SoyBigHead
09/10/02 06:35 AM

ahh and then thus the stage for dark age is set...
-Mark Twain
SoyBigHead
09/10/02 06:37 AM

hehe cuz i dont want to get it in print. not just yet. i had many a opportunity to do so. but why spend $$$ on a book when i can just as easily ask questions on here for free? hehe sides id already spent a good chunk of money that day on clothes for school and whatnot so i really did not have the resources to spare on the novella-sized book.
-Mark Twain
Lance_Hawkins
09/11/02 04:39 AM

One of the more fun thing is what happens to the Dancing Joker

Øystein
I have seen the best of men go past, I do not want to be the last.
Nightward
09/11/02 05:08 PM

...as to who Devlin Stone will turn out to be.
Yea, verily. Let it be known far and wide that Nightward loathes MW: DA. Indeed, it is with the BURNING ANIMUS OF A THOUSAND SUNS that he doth rage against it with.
realworldviews
09/11/02 09:11 PM

It's always the quiet ones....
Colonel Brian Davis
Gamers United
"Dreams become reality, for all who start off with a dream"
realworldviews
09/11/02 09:38 PM

I don't think that will happen,
Devlin stones time begins in 3071, if it were Victor's son he would onlu be maybe 10.

I would tend to think that there would be more of a chance that it would be Arthur Stiener-Davion. Because if you remember the little blurb at the end of Patriots and Tyrants. "Soon, Arthur." And this is after Arthur was supposed to be killed.
Colonel Brian Davis
Gamers United
"Dreams become reality, for all who start off with a dream"
Nightward
09/12/02 05:38 PM

Heh. Ah, well. It seems that WizKidz is dredging the "Tired Plot Cliche" barrel pretty heavily, and I thought that would be just one more.

I don't know if it would be Arthur Steiner-Davion. You'd think that Victor would recognise his own brother. But I guess that with enough psyche treatment and surgery, anything could be possible. I'd not be surprised if Devlin Stone turned out to be a recombinant human using DNA from Alexander Kerensky, Jerome Blake, and Myndo Waterly

Unfortunately, BT novels tend to be realeased very late Down Under. So the most recent book I have read is the Archer's Avengers book where he goes up against Snord's Irregulars- the name escapes me. But hey, I hear Decision at Thunder Rift arrived only yesterday
Yea, verily. Let it be known far and wide that Nightward loathes MW: DA. Indeed, it is with the BURNING ANIMUS OF A THOUSAND SUNS that he doth rage against it with.
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 73 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 4297

Contact Admins Sarna.net