GBD and the FRR

Pages: 1
Karagin
09/16/02 06:52 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Okay we know they merge...so my question is this what do you think happens as far as who is in control of the new nation?

Does Ragnar become Khan/Prince or does some new title get made for him to rule over the two nations?

Or is someone else made the leader?

How do think this would upset the balance of power in the eyes of the Wolves and Falcons?

How does this merger effect ComStar?

Thought?
Karagin

Given time and plenty of paper, a philosopher can prove anything.
Cypher41
09/17/02 08:44 AM

The Wolves will suffer as the Dominion launches a campaign to recover all the former FRR worlds. Some time after that they will be absorbed the Steel Vipers (Steel Wolf faction in MWDA). Then again, I am pulling this out my rear end and am likely wrong.
Toastrider
09/17/02 10:51 PM

Unlikely. The Steel Vipers were utterly broken by the Falcons, and were forced to withdraw from their invasion corridor (data gleaned from the Falcon Guard novel). I don't know where the Steel Wolves got their name from, but I seriously doubt the Vipers had the wherewithal to absorb the Wolves.

--Toasty
"The survivors, not the victors, write the history books."
Karagin
09/17/02 11:33 PM

Great...but can we swing back on to the topic about the Bears and the FRR and leave the other MWDA factions such out of it...see I am asking how the other powers around the GBD and the FRR will react and how ComStar will react and who ends up in control of the merged nation...not interested in anything else from the MWDA time line or event list at this point....okay?

Thanks!
Karagin

Nightward
09/18/02 05:04 PM

I get the feeling that the Steel Wolf faction consists of the remnants of the Wolf Dragoons and the other mecrenaries who fought on Outreach, and perhaps the Wolves in Exile.

As for the GBD: the Ghost Bears have already taken back many worlds from the Wolves and punted the Hell's Horses out of the Sphere (or so I heard, anyway). Rasalhague, however, is the most important planet to be recovered. If the Bears do not already have Rasalhague, they will go after it. Assuming the Bears do take over what remaions of the FRR, the Com Guard units stationed there will likely be kicked out. They will either shift to the Draconis Combine, or, more likely IMO, the ARDC and other worlds near the Jade Falcon border. Since the Bears "come in peace" and neatly form a buffer between the Wolves and the rest of the Sphere, the Jade Falcons are the only remaining Clan that threatens the Inner Sphere. Obviously, though, Vladimir is not going to be happy with this situation. Hopefully, though, he will be smart enough not to try to take on the Bears over the matter.

However, I do not see how Ragnar could become a Khan. For a start, he lacks a Blodname. Granted, Phelan Patrick Kell Wolf Ward Kell was adopted, allowed to compete for a Bloodname, and then given his own surname back as his Bloodname, but the Bears seem a little more traditional than that. I could very easily see him appointed as a sort of military governer over the FRR worlds, reporting direct to Khan Bjorn Jorgenssen- he does that already as a Star Colonel in Alpha Galaxy.

Well, that's what I think, anyway.
Yea, verily. Let it be known far and wide that Nightward loathes MW: DA. Indeed, it is with the BURNING ANIMUS OF A THOUSAND SUNS that he doth rage against it with.
realworldviews
09/18/02 09:14 PM

The Steel Wolves are a factions in MWDA that consists of former wolf caln warriors that became part of the Republic of the Sphere. They are technically a sub-clan of Clan Wolf.
Colonel Brian Davis
Gamers United
"Dreams become reality, for all who start off with a dream"
Karagin
09/18/02 11:43 PM

Thank you for that info...but seeing how that has nothing to do with the topic...can we please get back to the topic about the Bears and FRR and their merger and leave the other MWDA stuff out of the disccusion please?
Karagin

Bob_Richter
09/19/02 03:56 AM

Sidetracks happen. Bloody let them, for crying out loud.
-Bob (The Magnificent) Richter

Assertions made in this post are the humble opinion of Bob.
They are not necessarily statements of fact or decrees from God Himself, unless explicitly and seriously stated to be so.
:)
realworldviews
09/19/02 03:14 PM

Thanks Bob.
I was just putting out the correct infomation so no one else will make a wrongful statement.
People having the correct info make for better discusions.
Colonel Brian Davis
Gamers United
"Dreams become reality, for all who start off with a dream"
masdog5
09/19/02 03:29 PM

I think you are asking the wrong questions.

You should be asking:
Is the merger a peaceful one, or is it accomplished through war?

How does this effect the clan way of life? If the above question is peaceful, then the clan way of life, ie the caste system, could be effected. It would also determine if Ragnar rules as Prince.

How does this effect the FRR's relations with the DC? Comstar relations would be irrelevant since they do get Earth back and the GB can operate HPGs.
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 106 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 4033

Contact Admins Sarna.net