About the whole Aiming thing in MW games

Pages: 1
SSFSX17
09/30/02 10:08 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
We would not have this problem if, in a MechWarrior game, all you did was lock on to a target and hit the fire button. Your 'mech would automatically aim that target, and to represent BT realistically, whether or not you hit would be done in the usual BT fashion. In essence, it would not really be just a slow-paced first-person shooter, but instead be more of a "tank simulation." Also, if you don't like the thought of duels lasting only half a minute, then you could make future MW games less personalized, and instead be able to jump into the controls and viewpoint of any 'mech in a lance. Multiplayer games would involve multiple lances on a team.

Basically, what I want could best be described as an extremely detailed real-time MechWar 3D with the ability to also be in the cockpit of whatever you are trying to control.
Lousy good-for-nothing mortals. Can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em.
NathanKell
09/30/02 11:12 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
While I think not being able to aim at *all* is a bit much, I do indeed like this idea.

Call it Rainbow 3025, if you like. After all, it's a squad-based shooter...sorta.
-NathanKell, BT Space Wars
Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear.
Thomas Jefferson
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 6 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 1954

Contact Admins Sarna.net