military unit clolours

Pages: 1
neochu
10/16/02 11:06 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
last year I bought a friend two mech minatures but they have yet to be panted at the request of a proper military unit colur. I did some reasarch and I have found multiple units for this purpose. these two mechs are the Ti' tis' ang and the Hatchamoto chi along with the hope of a unit clolour for my no dachi minature that I may be getting. The unit colours I would like to use are the 1st and 2nd Sword of light (no dachi and hatamoto chi) the 1st genyoshya for the Hatcamoto Chi and for the Ti' tis' ang either house Imarra or the death commandoes. These units carry all the variants so if batallion, company and lance markings are shown than that can be decided. what I was wondering is if anyone has a site or place that I may be able to see these colour shemes or see mechs painted in the colour schemes so I can copy.

thanks for the help
KT

A mech is only as good as its piolot
Karagin
10/16/02 12:59 PM

Best place to get the pictures would be the FMDC (Field Manual Draconis Combine) or the old CamoSpec book that came back in the late 80s early 90s...

Hope this helps.
Karagin

Given time and plenty of paper, a philosopher can prove anything.
Nightward
10/16/02 05:02 PM

Over at Classic BattleTech (www.classicbattletech.com), you can download the Draconis Combine Field Manual. Crawling other webisties, such as The Chaos March (www.chaosmarch.com) might also give you some ideas for paint schemes.

However, all of the Sword of Light regiments paint their 'Mechs in blood-red, with no other colours present save for their Regimental and Draconis Combine crests. The Third Battalion of he Second Sword of Light also adds a flag from Kentares IV to their 'Mechs, IIRC.

The Genyosha paint their 'Mechs in flat grey with matte black highlights.

I think all the Warrior Houses and the Death Commandoes paint their 'Mechs in standard Capellan Green with gold highlighting if they've won the Chancellor's Colours. I can check for you tonight when I get home.
Yea, verily. Let it be known far and wide that Nightward loathes MW: DA. Indeed, it is with the BURNING ANIMUS OF A THOUSAND SUNS that he doth rage against it with.
neochu
11/28/02 10:40 AM

thanks for your in put I am also looking for the colours of the 26th lyran guards as the lyran alliance FM is not on CBT this unit has a haputmann wihich is a really interesating mech. this unit is also neutral and fairly experieneced so it appears really good. Also these mechs I am painting are going to be used for table top play and to mak them authentic as possible I want to add decails such as the DC crest for these mechs. However I was told that these decails are eaisily removed from the mech after frequent handling and the paint gradually wears off the metal. I am wondering if there is a coating that I could put on these mechs and not have the decails curl and fall off. especailly if I have just painted my No dachi in genoshya colours and have no DC crest on it

thnks
kyle turner

through the neural helmet the mech and pilot become one to form the most fearsome figting machine man has ever built
Nightward
11/29/02 06:55 PM

I believe that what some people do is to put the decal on the 'Mech, then paint over it in the same colours to keep it there. There are a variety of spray varnishes you could put over your paint job to protect it; you can probably get them at the smae place you bought the paints; if not, you should be able to mail-order them. I've also heardf some people use a thinned-down mixture of PVA glue and water to coat their minitures after they finish painting them.

I think that the Lyran Guards paint their 'Mechs in Steiner Blue. *Shrug* If they supported Katherine, it's a fairly safe bet.
Yea, verily. Let it be known far and wide that Nightward loathes MW: DA. Indeed, it is with the BURNING ANIMUS OF A THOUSAND SUNS that he doth rage against it with.
neochu
12/03/02 11:38 AM

actually the 26th lyran guards(I chose this unit for this reason) is a neutral unit does that change its colour? also does this unit use any special crests or symbols so I can work on this Haputmann
Nightward
12/05/02 04:44 AM

Sorry, should have been more clear. All Lyran Guard units were Steiner Blue.
Pages: 1
Extra information
2 registered and 49 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 4832

Contact Admins Sarna.net