Them or me?

Pages: 1
Xar
10/17/02 01:40 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Is it my connection being flaky (which I wouldn't be suprised at) or are the evilnet hosted sites all loading very slow lately? (IE, Sarna, MechWar3D, ect)
NathanKell
10/17/02 03:53 PM

Them.

Or maybe I'm just sharing your luck; it's slower 'n molasses, here.
-NathanKell, BT Space Wars
Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear.
Thomas Jefferson
CrayModerator
10/19/02 09:42 AM

www.classicbattletech.com (also a Evilnet site, I think) has put up a notice about slow downs on its front page, claiming it's the server and they're working on it.
Mike Miller, Materials Engineer

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
Karagin
10/19/02 01:30 PM

It's the host site...Nic is aware of it and is looking into the matter, or so said his email to me about it...I emailed him when it took 8 mintues for the main page to loadup...I mean that it enough time to get a cup of coffee, and make a sandwich and then walk back to the computer...way to slow...
Karagin

Given time and plenty of paper, a philosopher can prove anything.
Nightward
10/20/02 11:36 PM

Ho, Lord of the Patryns. Good to escape the Labyrinth, eh?

Nope, it's not just you. Sarna and CBT are both running slowly- they seem to have been getting steadily slower since about halfway through last year. I only ever use these sites from a public library or friend's house where cable is available; my 56k modem at home can take upwards of two minutes just to log on here.

It seems they are working on the problem, though, so hopefully things will get better.

Welcome to the board.

PS: If the first sentance threw you, I thought you had taken the name of a character from a series of books. Just ignore it
Yea, verily. Let it be known far and wide that Nightward loathes MW: DA. Indeed, it is with the BURNING ANIMUS OF A THOUSAND SUNS that he doth rage against it with.
Xar
10/21/02 07:19 AM

You're the second person in 6 years to get the source of my name :P
I'm actualy an older member under a new name (Zilaz), because after my RL mess that pulled me away from btech and the boards for the better part of a year, I didn't feel like looking at several thousand unread messages in each forum, and couldn't find a 'Mark all read' type button, hehe.
Nightward
10/23/02 03:41 AM

Indead. I read a little more than is good for me, I think

Ah, well. Sorry to hear the other. Welcome back.
Yea, verily. Let it be known far and wide that Nightward loathes MW: DA. Indeed, it is with the BURNING ANIMUS OF A THOUSAND SUNS that he doth rage against it with.
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 34 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 3912

Contact Admins Sarna.net