Dezgra, chalcas, savashri, stranvagon...

Pages: 1
Nightward
10/23/02 05:32 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
GAH!

It is Spring down here and already creeping into the 40s! THIS IS FRICKIN' RIDICULOUS!

The entire State is a tinderbox, and bushfires are raging near Toowoomba and acroos the NSW/QLD border. The bushfire season this year is going to be hideous, owing to high winds and this extended drought. And the heat. And trhe idiot schoolchildren who, during the Christmas holiday, lighting a fire is cool. Honestly. They do that on a frighteningly regular basis.

Heh. My University Campus is located in the middle of Toohey Forest, a National Park. So there are few burn-offs to control the threat of fire. At the moment, the entire place is under a Fire Ban- no smoking on Campus. I find that incredibly funny. The addicts, of course, do not

Ah, well. Here's hoping for a cool change. Enjoy your winter.

*Mutter, mutter, gruble, grumble*
Yea, verily. Let it be known far and wide that Nightward loathes MW: DA. Indeed, it is with the BURNING ANIMUS OF A THOUSAND SUNS that he doth rage against it with.
Greyslayer
10/23/02 07:57 PM

Wuss!! Of course once I either get my pergola up or portable airconditioner things won't be so bad in my house this summer. That week of near 40s just after christmas nearly floored my gf last summer.

Also I don't have to mow the grass. Its at the right height and completely brown Maybe I should get some green paint to make it look alive?

Now this is why I wanted to turn most of my yard into a mulched garden ... most of the water remains protected from evaporation and little watering is required. Now if only I can stop the grass coming up through the mulch without a herbicide *grumbles*

Greyslayer
Nightward
10/24/02 05:06 PM

"Wuss", eh? You want to try demolishing a patio/pergola in 37 degree heat? No? Didn't think so.

Incidentally, I stood on a rusty nail and spent $70 of the $150 I made for the day on a Tetanus shot and antibiotics. Sometimes, no matter how hard you try to get ahead...

This summer's gonna be ridiculous. And for the garden? Concrete it. Pretend you are Greek
Yea, verily. Let it be known far and wide that Nightward loathes MW: DA. Indeed, it is with the BURNING ANIMUS OF A THOUSAND SUNS that he doth rage against it with.
Greyslayer
10/24/02 05:13 PM

'"Wuss", eh? You want to try demolishing a patio/pergola in 37 degree heat? No? Didn't think so.'

Nope I would probably be playing cricket in 37 degree heat. Don't tell me it would cause less heat stress, I keep wicket and you haven't seen the scud bowlers I have to keep too .

Greyslayer
Nightward
10/24/02 06:35 PM

Heh. Be like that "County" club in Sydney that has Shoaib Akhtar and Brett Lee bowling for them. Urg. And that match against Pakistan- 51 degrees. Again, urg.

Hmm. Now that's an interesting thought. What is a no-ball against you? 10 cm?

Do you play in a league, or what?

Anyway, gotta go. Molecular Genetics beckons
Greyslayer
10/24/02 06:51 PM

'Hmm. Now that's an interesting thought. What is a no-ball against you? 10 cm? '

Funny you should say that because umpires are loathe to call an no ball because I am only 5' 6". Like two games ago I bent my knees just a little bit and had a ball graze the top of my hat (which was sitting about an inch above my head), certainly a no-ball by one-day warehouse rules (it was effectively about 3 inches above my shoulders if I was standing straight). Height doesn't matter though because it is the height of the batsman ( I should know as there is a team with a real dwarf in it, he is only about 3-4 inches taller than the stumps). Its usually the big loopy spinners who send down the hand-grenade that I only get no-balls from (and I have problems putting away dammit!!!! ).

We play Warehouse competition c-grade southside. Our team plays all year 'round. Even though cricket is a summer game Brisbane's weather in winter would be close to a dry england summer so it is perfect for cricket (except maybe the start of may being a little wet no other games really have weather problems).

Greyslayer
Nightward
10/26/02 01:56 AM

Heh. Towering at 5'10", I have no such problems

I've been playing golf a little lately. Am now capable of driving upwards of 150 metres with a 2W
Greyslayer
10/26/02 05:54 AM

'I've been playing golf a little lately. Am now capable of driving upwards of 150 metres with a 2W'

WTF? Is that all? I picked up a 3 iron on a par 3 (about that distance) and nearly got a hole in one the first time I played golf. Of course I only ever played it twice where I have only ever par'ed one hole (a par 4 that was about 240 meters where I almost made the green on the first shot since we were about 40m above the hole giving a person extra distance and I can drive a 2 or 4 wood straight strangely enough).

Greyslayer
Nightward
10/27/02 08:00 PM

150 metres is the shortest I go now, a shot where I have really stuffed things up... I have hit over 350 before. Usually I go between 200 and 250.

I suck really bad with the Irons and putters, though. So whilst I can make it to the Green in one or two shots at the outside, it takes me another 3 or 4 (or 11, on one occasion) to hole the accursed thing. I came in at +100 pn a *MINI GOLF* course :S

I think I might take up Kendo next year. I've tried fencing, but there are too many rules. "You can't hit me like that." "Why not? You went too wide on the parry, and were off balance. So I whacked you." "It's in the rules."

Bah.
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 16 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 5647

Contact Admins Sarna.net