Dropship Capacity?

Pages: 1
silvex
11/02/02 01:20 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
What can you fit on in the different classes of dropships? Does anyone use the rules presented in Battleforce2 or Aerotech2? I'd especially like to hear from players who have their own system. I imagine that there is as much diversity in dropships as there are in 'Mechs.

I guessed from playing MW4 that a light dropship (aerodyne) can just squeeze in a lance. Estimating that I could fit double the amount of vehicles, and double that of infantry, I came up with the following guidelines:

Light DS - 4 Mechs (Lance) or 8 Vehicles (Team) or 16 INF platoons (Battalion)
Medium DS - 8 Mechs (2 Lances) or 16 Vehicles (Battery) or 32 INF platoons (Brigade)
Heavy DS- 16 Mechs (Company) or 32 Vehicles (Group) or 64 INF platoons (Regiment)

How close is this?
"Plan!? There ain't no plan!"
LordChaos
11/02/02 01:31 PM

The classic trio of Leopard / Union / Overlord (light, medium, and heavy) gives :

Leopard (light) 1 lance (4 mechs + 2 fighters)
Union (medium) 1 company (12 mechs + 2 fighters)
Overlord (heavy) 1 batalion (36 mechs + 6 fighters).
Real mechwariors pilot IS mechs.
NathanKell
11/02/02 02:50 PM

And the Excalibur (1 cpy mechs, 2 btn heavy vehicles, 1 btn infantry).
Note that she's still only 16,000 tons; dropships can mass up to a hundred thousand tons.
-NathanKell, BT Space Wars
Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear.
Thomas Jefferson
CrayModerator
11/04/02 08:07 AM

Save this link. Cherish it. Read its many entries. It is a very useful on line source. Dropship stats are included.

http://www.mgonetwork.com/~btarchive/trbay.html
Mike Miller, Materials Engineer

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.

Edited by Cray (11/04/02 08:08 AM)
SeasonedRookie
11/15/02 03:32 PM

That's the system I use, and sometimes I've used it backwards. So if there is enough room for 8 vehicles, i would be able to put 4 mechs of the vehicles rated to be stored in that area of the dropship. ltdurban@yahoo.com
ARGGHh.
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 57 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 4442

Contact Admins Sarna.net