Battltech Cartoon BACK!?!?!?!

Pages: 1
SoyBigHead
11/21/02 10:11 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
I dunno if its true or not (apparently it is) but rumors are that Mechwarrior the cartoon has been on Cartoon Network recently. is that true? this forum here says that is is indeed on. if its true i feel deprived :-/
"There are three types of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics."
-Mark Twain
Karagin
11/21/02 10:43 PM

Let's see Zoids in on CN...Transformers is on CN...and beyond that I have seen any other robot shows on there...
Karagin

Given time and plenty of paper, a philosopher can prove anything.
Moloch
11/22/02 03:04 PM

You forgot to mention all 6 different Gundum series they played in the last year and a half. The current one makes me think of a Solaris VII type setting, since its about Gundams competiting in a tournament, but they fight more Dragonball Z like. "ERUPTING BURNING FIST!!!" lame attack
Popular Bumper Stickers
“Keep honking: I’m re-loading”
“If you don’t mind, please eject now: that Mech is a **** to salvage"
“I ran out of room to stencil all the Mechs I’ve killed, so now I just go by regiment’s wiped out.”
MacLeod
11/24/02 12:06 AM

What you're referring to is G Gundam, which was created to add in a DragonBall element to attract fans of the genre. Unfortunately, in America we have to deal with the politically correct censored version, which changes almost all of the Gundam names so that no one is offended.

Dark Gundam = Devil Gundam
Burning Gundam = God Gundam

Et cetera.
Drugs don't kill people, pancreatic cancer kills people.

... and whoever heard of a drug that causes pancreatic cancer?
Diablo
11/25/02 06:07 PM

n/t
"whats that bluish fuzzy thing on your head?"
-Luciphear to Talis, just before he exploded.

www.geocitis.com/luciph34r
neochu
11/28/02 10:26 AM

speaking about battletech and anime was not the original cartoon in anime format? from what I can remember it had features of them. any ways a battle tech storyline has enouh complexity to be one with the many things going on at once. it may be "beating a dead horse" but there are elements of battle tech that are not seen any where else in the japanese mecha areas. I just hope wiz kids liscences the theme to a producer
Karagin
11/29/02 06:42 PM

If you count the production staff as being 80% Japanese as anime related then yes it did.

There were NO Reseen in the show and in fact the amount of mistakes with the mechs only added to the problems of the show. I am sorry but the Fed-Com never used Maulers as the cartoon seems to suggest the Mauler according to it is one of the most widely used mechs in the Inner Sphere.
Karagin

neochu
12/04/02 10:21 AM

no the DC uses the maulers is a matter of fact the most famous mauler 2 LRM 15 , 2 ER large and 4 AC/2 is a 3060 mech. they did get Adam Stiner's fav mech as an axeman although during the final few episodes. (a battle of coventry remake I think) I think he used a supernova as the shape of the hands and what he was using looked that way. who produced the series any way? Because there are a lot of Japanese style animations in north american produced series. Any ways I have seen some of the gundam series (and DBZ) and there is a totally different enviornment. The thing with the battletech universe is thre are elements in combined space/planetary combat on extremely large scales. there are political tensions as complex as todays. thanks to hundreds of authors and minds comming together. when you look into the animes most of them are written by one person per anime and you dont have the compleities between the factions and houses. this is why I say the battle tech universe is so unique. this is why whenever a series is going to be produced a lot of things are going to have to0 be taken into account. and to get a authentic series no stone can be left unturned.. weither animated or live action
Karagin
12/04/02 11:44 AM

Go watch the cartoon again, you will see that the Mauler is the main stay of the IS side. As for the complexity of the game universe vs the cartoon's showing, sure the game has a better showing over the cartoon.

I am sorry but the BT cartoon was all setup to show the fighting between the Clans and the IS, we saw a little of other events like Franklin finding out who his father really was but it never once went into the dark and dirty side of things, no one sold out the heros and said heros get gun down because of it. And if I recall right NO ONE EVER DIED in the cartoon, where as in the unedited anime, folks die all the time...so I would rate most scifi/mecha anime on a higher scale then BT cartoon.
Karagin

neochu
12/05/02 11:17 AM

yeah I know what I mean by boosting up the battle tech if they did is if the "other darker sauff was added". It is very true that all the sci fi/meca anime is far greater than that BT cartoon because of the darker sides and deeper character structures in them. I mean the battle tech comp[uter games give you a better feel than that series. but 11:30am on a sunday is no place to put an anime with that kind of depth I mean GW last time I saw it in the listings was on at 5:30 in the morning on cable so there are proper marketing places. but that series was made simpler on purpose for that market. and very few shows for that market carry the death of long standing characters if all the darker elemnts are written I think the market will change. but if it is made closer to the real thing it will pay for itself throug the sale of the BT related GAME materials.

a mech is only as good as it's pilot
Toastrider
12/05/02 12:23 PM

All I have to say is this:

"Shoot for the blast panels!"

Nuff said.

--Toasty
"The survivors, not the victors, write the history books."
Pages: 1
Extra information
1 registered and 204 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 5975

Contact Admins Sarna.net