Battletech Prints?

Pages: 1
McKennsy
12/05/02 05:47 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
A few days ago I was looking through some comics at a secondhand bookshop when I came across some "prints" of various comic characters and fantasy / sci-fi settings. One of them was a Battletech Print. I dont remember who produced it (I dont think it was FASA). It contained 6 prints, one showed a mechwarrior standing next to a Star League logo, another showed the destruction of a mech from inside the conkpit of another mech, and another showed a mechwarrior sitting next to a mechs foot, and I cant really remember the others.

They were about 16inchs high and about 8-10 wide. They were in perfect condition but I dont think they were released anytime recently. They were of a limited print run of 2500.

Can anyone tell me anymore about them and more importantly are they worth more than the E10 (about US$10) that they wanted for them?.

Cheers,

Mc Kennsy.
Bloodrider
12/05/02 06:28 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Hmm, I own one of those sets ( #1035 of 2500, to be exact). What you're describing is the Les Dorscheid Gallery Set One portfolio put out by S. Q. Productions (with FASA's permission) some 9 years ago. The original price of the portfolio was $25, so if the portfolio you saw has all six prints in it and in good condition, it is definitely worth $10. I saw one of these sold on ebay 2 years ago and the guy got $125 for it
The prints are all cover art from BT SBs and SPs for the most part. The covers from Tukayyid and Mechwarrior RPG (can't remember the volume but the 'Mech being fired upon in the picture is a Vulture Prime), an Atlas firing at something (target unknown), some guy in a Star League uniform with a Star League recruitment poster in the background (Royalty & Rogues ?), a woman sitting on the remains of a 'Mech's foot (supposed to be Joanna or Natasha Kerensky, I think), and 2 guys in what appears to be a Dropship's airlock holding laser rifles and obviously preparing to receive visitors. Hope this helps you out.
"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here. This is the war room..." -from Dr. Strangelove
Pages: 1
Extra information
1 registered and 92 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 2845

Contact Admins Sarna.net