TRO: Project Phoenix...

Pages: 1
Warner_Doles
12/05/02 10:22 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
...has been updated for your viewing pleasure! As always, enjoy!
Eclipz
12/05/02 10:40 PM

Very good month..........Longbow and Crusader look sweet!

Scott
Bloodrider
12/05/02 10:48 PM

I'm getting something wierd here...the links in the December update are showing up as cartoon cussing, you know, the %#$*!@ sorta stuff...what gives?
"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here. This is the war room..." -from Dr. Strangelove
Warner_Doles
12/05/02 11:12 PM

Clear your cache and that should get you in.
realworldviews
12/06/02 12:25 AM

Well...

I have to say I am disappointed with this months release. The only mech that I like is the Longbow. It looks and feels like the original Longbow.
The Scorpion and Valkyrie are OK.

But...

What did they do to my Crusader. I mean it is just so plain. It just doesn't have the same Oomph as the original. I just don't like the new look.

But as I said I do like the Longbow. It's a sweet fire-support mech. And it looks sweet.
Colonel Brian Davis
Gamers United
"Dreams become reality, for all who start off with a dream"
LordChaos
12/06/02 03:06 AM

Crusader - Gack! What were they thinking? Not only do that saddle it with MRM (which I dislike for various reasons), they give it that horible picture... Bah!

Longbow - I like. I would dislike being on the other side from it, and it looks like it should kick major booty as well.

Scorpion - not bad. Nothing "great", but not shabby ether. I'd call it an improvement (looks and performance) over the original, but the legs still look like an afterthought to me.

Valkyrie - Perfect. Bares enough resemblince to the original's looks that one can see it's an evolution of the design, while performance-wise it keeps the same feel as the original, only everything improved a notch. So far, my favorite of the new designes.
Real mechwariors pilot IS mechs.
KamikazeJohnson
12/06/02 02:19 PM

Hmmm...not bad, overall...the Crusader looks a bit goofy, but the sa-weeeeeeet Longbow makes up for that big time. I'm not sure I like the LB 10-X on the Scorpion (it cries for a switch back to the good ol' ERPPC, IMO) And the Valkyrie...a TC for ONE laser?!?!!!???!?!? Please! I'd take a second ER Med without a second's thought.

Anyway, that's my rant. Pretty good batch, overall.
Peace is that glorious moment in history when everyone stands around reloading.
--Thomas Jefferson
MadWolf
12/06/02 02:35 PM

First Time looking at the Project Phoenix stuff. Good overall but I have to ask...

WHY GOD WHY????http://www.classicbattletech.com/SBWHM8D.html
The hammer isn't very hammery any more...
Nothing is Impossible, It is only Improbable.
Bloodrider
12/06/02 06:37 PM

Thanks, Warner.
Overall, these are definite improvements imo, I just wish the Crusader's head appeared more formidable, but I'll accept that because the Crusader's got two hands again, I never really liked the one-handed version that was in TRO 3050. The Valkyrie looks cool, and the Scorpion looks much better. The new Longbow was obviously designed to give people nightmares. I give this installment an A Can't wait to see the minis.
"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here. This is the war room..." -from Dr. Strangelove
LordChaos
12/06/02 07:19 PM

I have to disagree. The Hammer came out quite well, with my only "issues" with it being the design of the SRM rack (looks like it's tacted on as an afterthought) and the size of the laser's in comparison to the unit's torso (they look to dominating in my opinion).
Real mechwariors pilot IS mechs.
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 109 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 5002

Contact Admins Sarna.net