Fox Cancels Firefly

Pages: 1
Karagin
12/16/02 03:47 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Fox Cancels Firefly

Jess Whedon, creator of Fox's SF Western Firefly, confirmed to fans that Fox has canceled the struggling series, but left open the possibility of shopping the show to another network. Fans, meanwhile, were organizing a postcard-writing campaign, bolstered by last week's ad in Variety, to urge the continuation of their favorite show.

In a post to the Buffistas bulletin board, Whedon wrote, "Don't think for a second that I have given up on this show. I think it has been mistreated shamefully, but the Fox network has indicated that they would not stand in the way (which they can) of my finding a new home for the show. That's no easy prospect. But I will do everything in my power, as always, to keep this bird in the air. Of course I'll post if there's any news." In the meantime, production of the show has shut down, Whedon added.

Fox will air the show's two-hour pilot on Dec. 20, then replace the series at 8 p.m. ET/PT Fridays with Fastlane. Three original hourlong episodes remain to air.

On the Tim Minear.net Web site, meanwhile, Whedon's colleague and Firefly executive producer Tim Minear said that he directed the last episode to be shot. "Fox says they're going to somehow air all eps," Minear posted. "But we're not giving up yet. Please continue to check Firefly: Immediate Assistance for updates on the campaign to ressurect Firefly."
Karagin

Given time and plenty of paper, a philosopher can prove anything.
CrayModerator
12/16/02 06:15 PM

Crap, another cool sci-fi show down the tube! I hope the Sci-Fi channel picks it up. It's been lacking something since Farscape went away.
Mike Miller, Materials Engineer

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
NathanKell
12/16/02 07:54 PM

D... and blast.

{Scenes of unparalleled rage, violence, and barbarism}

Really, I can deal with this...I can deal with this...
-NathanKell, BT Space Wars
Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear.
Thomas Jefferson
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 19 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 2737

Contact Admins Sarna.net