Pages: 1
Karagin
12/19/02 04:03 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply

Mapsheets only
Terrain and Mapsheets mixed together
Terrain only
Other

Was wondering how many of you use either just the mapsheets or just terrain when playing Battletech or do you use a mix of the two together?

Votes accepted from (12/31/69 07:00 PM) to (No end specified)
View the results of this poll

Karagin

Given time and plenty of paper, a philosopher can prove anything.
Vapor
12/20/02 02:25 AM

By "terrain", I assume you mean 3-D terrain. I have never had the opportunity to play with 3-D terrain, so I can't really say which one I prefer.
"For those about to rock, we salute you." - AC DC

"The evil that can come, from the heart of a man, must be answered in kind 'till it disappears, and we're safe." - Kansas
Nightmare
12/20/02 02:29 AM

We use only mapsheets, although... We`ll use just about anything as markers when representing objectives such as buildings, dropships etc. No problem with imagining things looking like what they represent. When we played Monte Diablo we used small cardboard chits for all the mechs, marked only with tonnage and a number. Any mech with ECM got a long stripe of red paper to show when it used that equipment
Advice for Evil Overlords:
My legions of terror will be trained in basic marksmanship. Any who cannot learn to hit a man-sized target at 10 meters will be used for target practice.
Bob_Richter
12/20/02 08:34 AM

Terrain is expensive and goofy-looking.

It is greatly reconfigurable, though, one of a very few advantages.
-Bob (The Magnificent) Richter

Assertions made in this post are the humble opinion of Bob.
They are not necessarily statements of fact or decrees from God Himself, unless explicitly and seriously stated to be so.
:)
LordChaos
12/20/02 02:14 PM

Durring the hight of my active playing, it was mostly "pure terrain" (to the point of even arranging use of the sand table).
Real mechwariors pilot IS mechs.
silvermane
12/22/02 10:09 PM

I would rather play on terrain to the point that I didnt even own mapsheets except that came in box sets. Though since becoming a Commando I have been forced back to mapsheets. Now I do enjoy maps and love mapset #6 and #7. I am anxiously awaiting mapset:compilation to come out.
I, uh, gotta go blow somethin' up, it's a Military thing. Col. O'Neal SG-1
Cheapbuzz
12/23/02 06:49 PM

I stick with terrain that way you never get stuck on the same playing field more than once. Where with maps its the same thing over and over again, the same hiding places blah blah blah.
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 104 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 4739

Contact Admins Sarna.net