A lost soul returns from the void

Pages: 1
Spooner
12/21/02 09:22 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
As a distant BT player ( from the uk ) it has been a lonely year with the fall of fasa and the New version taking its place. I havent played MWDA as of yet but i am not overly impressed with what i have seen....to be fair i could just be too 'old school' in my thinking.
The brief synopsis that accompanied the new game was a little confusing and reading some threads here about the JIHAD i am slightly out fo the loop with what happened it the time line after the end of the FC civil war.
what is this about the nuking of the dragoons and the clans ( this also concerns me being wolf clan affiliated one of the largest chapters in the now defunct mechforce uk )

i hope you can supply me with some answers
Many thanks

Spooner

At my command, Unleash hell
Warner_Doles
12/21/02 10:30 AM

Welcome aboard. If you haven't seen the new Classic BattleTech website by FanPro (who is producing BattleTech now for WizKidsgames) I recommend you take the chance to look at ClassicBattleTech.Com. There you can see all the new product coming soon.

To get the exact unbiased information on what happened after the Jihad you can go to ComStar's INN News Network at Wizkidsgames.com to found out the information you are seeking. Then you can make an informed decision based on the information you get instead of relaying on others who may or maynot have a jaded and biased view.

But to answer you question here:
In reply to:

"what is this about the nuking of the dragoons and the clans"

Here is your answer (This comes directly from ComStar's INN Interactive Map):

"Most historians claim the Word of Blake Jihad began with the assault on Outreach, in late 3067, when a surprise blitzkrieg by renegade mercenaries sacked the planetary capital of Harlech in an operation coordinated with and supported by the Blakists.

A follow-up ambush from a pirate jump point by Word of Blake WarShips obliterated the planet’s spaceborne defenses, including the entire Wolf’s Dragoons fleet and both orbital battle stations. Even as the surviving elements of the most feared mercenaries in the galaxy tried desperately to regroup or withdraw, the Blakist fleet proceeded to bombard the planet with naval weapons and nuclear warheads. The continent of Remus, heart of the Dragoons’ military industries and research, along with the Tetsuhara Proving Grounds and the main GM-Blackwell Industries factory, was completely sterilized by nuclear fire, while every major city on the opposite continent of Romulus was pummeled by the guns of both WarShips and BattleMechs.

The surviving forces of the Dragoons and their allies withdrew from the holocaust, abandoning the world that had been their only real home since leaving their Clan brethren in the early 3000s. What remains of the planet now is a marginally habitable rock whose single large ocean, the Argosyan Sea, is saturated by fallout from Remus’ devastation. Little vegetation grows on Romulus, and what farming and business still goes on to sustain the planet’s decimated population now happens in domed or subterranean cities, where air and water purifiers imported from off-world struggle to remove the worst of the poisoned planet’s harmful effects.

The effective capital and primary spaceport on Outreach is New Kearny, a mostly subterranean city built from the ruins of Harlech, on the edge of what once was Lake Kearny, Outreach’s largest freshwater body. Now overlooking a basin of baked-hard clay, New Kearny is home to nearly half the planetary population.

The Jaime Wolf Memorial Interplanetary Spaceport, located on the city’s outskirts, is dedicated to the founder and leader of the Wolf’s Dragoons, who ushered in a new era for Outreach after the Fourth Succession War, and died in his fateful defense of the planet during the Jihad
."

As for the Clans being Nuked. There is no word or information that says that has happened. That is a rumor only. The information you seek is there at the ComStar site for your own research. Now that Ghost War is out (Stackpole's newest novel set in the MWDA time period) you can get a better insight on what happened from that too.

Remember, "Information is ammunition." as Adam "Savior of the Lyran Alliance" Steiner has stated. Go get you some ammuntion!
roosterboy
12/21/02 10:04 PM

Well, at least some Clanners were nuked: In the writeup for the planet Cebalrai, it mentions the Wobbies using neutron bombs to wipe out the Ghost Bear liberators.

But then, I gather they probably did this to a lot of people
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 64 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 3344

Contact Admins Sarna.net