what is going to happen to the clans in the inner spear?

Pages: 1
WIE
12/25/02 05:26 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
sorry about spelling.

i am talking about nova cats, WIE goast bear?
4th Wolf Guards, WIE
Toastrider
12/25/02 10:28 PM

Interesting question.

Extrapolated from some of the fluff in the MWDA starter set, the Ghost Bears gradually integrate into the FRR's former area, eventually becoming the Rasalhague Dominion. No real surprise there, especially with Star Colonel Ragnar helping with that (see Test of Vengeance).

The Wolves-in-Exile -- indeed, the entire Arc-Royal Defense Cordon -- returned to the Lyran fold at the end of the FedCom Civil War, I imagine. This is based on remarks made by both Peter Steiner-Davion (in his conversation with Nondi Steiner) and Phelan Kell (during a tactical discussion with his father) in Endgame. Certainly with Katherine off the throne on Tharkad, there's no other reason for the ARDC to remain an actual entity. It -might- retain some individuality (like a March district in the Federated Suns) on a military-deployment level, but I would assume Peter is calling the shots as of 3067.

The situation is similar with Clan Nova Cat. The Coordinator gifted them with the Irece Prefecture, and began working on meshing the Nova Cats with the Combine. His seriousness in this task can be judged by allowing his son Minoru to become a bondsman in the Nova Cats, to compete for the chance to be Oathmaster. I would expect the Nova Cats to remain semi-independent (much like the Azami worlds) but assuredly allies and friends of the Dragon.

--Toasty
"The survivors, not the victors, write the history books."
WIE
12/25/02 11:13 PM

HMM i am really going to have to get back to readding the books, kind of heard while in korea. the main reasion i am asking is i would hate to see WIE get just wiped out. the one thing i would love to see is that WIE and wolf get back together. but that might be a dearm.
4th Wolf Guards, WIE
Moloch
12/30/02 01:17 AM

In reply to:

WIE and wolf get back together

Vlad welcoming Phelan with open arms? Only when both Kerenskys come back from the dead, Kathrine admits she killed her mother public, the Skye wins independence and all the stars go nova. Hey, it could happen :P

Well, it could happen if Vlad is killed some how and there is no real strong leader ship for the Wolves. Then Phelan would step in and challenge with a Trial of Absorbstion.
Popular Bumper Stickers
“Keep honking: I’m re-loading”
“If you don’t mind, please eject now: that Mech is a **** to salvage"
“I ran out of room to stencil all the Mechs I’ve killed, so now I just go by regiment’s wiped out.”
WIE
12/30/02 03:03 AM

true. but they might just do a Trial of Absorbstion any way to get wie out of the pitcure. It would be a toss up either way you would go.

Phelan should of killed Vlad during the bloodname trials. that would of salved most of the wolves problems.

Question tho did the afare that Vlad had with i for get who come up any where in the books yet? (cant think of the name as of yet)
4th Wolf Guards, WIE
realworldviews
12/30/02 12:03 PM

Do you mean the one with
Katherine Stiener or Marthe Pryde
cause they are both in the books.
Colonel Brian Davis
Gamers United
"Dreams become reality, for all who start off with a dream"
Karagin
12/30/02 01:15 PM

Seeing how the Bears have been trying to cuddle the Rasalahuge population in it's borders and doing it's best to merge with them, I would expect to see their coming merger with the FRR to be one that gives them both the extra control of planets and cements their roots in the Inner Sphere as both a military power and a political one.

The Wolves, here I don't see much of a change, I see them fighting the Bears/FRR off and on as well as testing the Falcons from time to. Plus Vlad has learned the hard way that there is more then one way to skin a cat.

The Falcons...I think we will seem them either become more isolated or a mixture of how the Bears are in that they begin to full intergrate their populations in their OZ. They will keep nibbling at the borders of the Lyran Alliance or Commonwealth, which ever it's being called now...and they will make the occasionally raid on the Wolves and other Clans to keep active so as not to appear weak.

The Wolves in Exile, I see becoming something akin to the Nova Cats, they will more then likey stay in the Arc Royal DF and once that is intergrate into the LA, then I suspect that they would be the local defense force and hammer for the Lyran military with some antonimity as far as how they conduct their own affairs. I don't see them rejoining the Wolves any time soon not as long as Vlad is controling things.

The Nova Cats are more or less vassals of the Combine...they are becoming part of that and at the same time they are a big chunk of the new SLDF. Which why I find it hard to believe that the SL can be written off so easily...but that isn't the topic here so I won't get into that.

Given that they are fully rooted now in the Combine and that they can't go back to the Homeworlds I think it's safe to say that their future rides on the coat tails of the Combine and they will do what ever it takes to keep their future safe. If it means fighting the Bears/FRR forces then that is what it means, or fighting units of the DCMS who feel that Theo needs to go. They will do what ever is needed to support Theo.

I don't see a major over haul for the Clans here in the IS, with the Clans settling in for the long haul it gives the IS the needed enemy at the gates to keep them on their toes. Plus these Clans act as a buffer between the Home Clans who want to attack the IS, which means any fighting done will between the Clans. Thus the Clans weaken themselves and the IS can have some degree of peace knowing that while raids and some minor world grabbing might happen a full scale invasion won't or not until the Home Clans defeat the Bears, Wolves and Falcons as well as the WiE and Nova Cats.
Karagin

Given time and plenty of paper, a philosopher can prove anything.
Nightward
12/30/02 05:19 PM

You know, the Bear situation just isn't right. Early on, they were described as a Clan who treated its civilians with brutality that bordered on outright torure, who orbitally bombarded and bombed intended targets heavily, etc etc etc. And then they somehow metamorphed into a fuzzy, cuddly Clan that has bcome the paragon of Wardenship. Uhhhh...
Yea, verily. Let it be known far and wide that Nightward loathes MW: DA. Indeed, it is with the BURNING ANIMUS OF A THOUSAND SUNS that he doth rage against it with.
Karagin
12/30/02 05:26 PM

Strange things happen when the former LD pet clan was the GBs...

Besides, they are working with a group that hates mercs so it kind of balances out in a twisted way...
Karagin

Given time and plenty of paper, a philosopher can prove anything.
Bob_Richter
12/30/02 08:35 PM

>>>Early on, they were described as a Clan who treated its civilians with brutality that bordered on outright torure, who orbitally bombarded and bombed intended targets heavily, etc etc etc. <<<

Those descriptions were made by a character in a novel, Ulric Kerensky, who had some kind of a major beef with the Ghost Bears.

The descriptions in Invading Clans painted a very different pciture, which has held to this day.
-Bob (The Magnificent) Richter

Assertions made in this post are the humble opinion of Bob.
They are not necessarily statements of fact or decrees from God Himself, unless explicitly and seriously stated to be so.
:)
WIE
12/30/02 11:30 PM

both Katherine Stiener and Marthe Pryde if that ever comes to light to the other clains the wovlfs might be in trouble.

4th Wolf Guards, WIE
Bob_Richter
12/31/02 12:56 AM

Nobody cares about Vlad and Marthe. Sleeping together actually has LESS import to the Clans than a political alliance, and roughly the same as having lunch together, or playing Battletech.

As to the affair with Katherine, well, nothing really HAPPENED there...

They are not necessarily statements of fact or decrees from God Himself, unless explicitly and seriously stated to be so.
Cadet
01/07/03 03:34 AM

I just love how the Rasalhaguians fought for centuries to be independent, sometimes openly sometimes not, and fought against the Clans, even with mention of resistance groups. But now the Ghost Bears have convinced them they are all one big happy family.

Who needs self-determination when the Clans love you soooooooooo much!
Does not play well with others.
Cadet
01/08/03 12:57 AM

I don't care what the writer SAID after the fact. It is very very easy to get the impression that Vlad and Kathy were bumping uglies. If it wasn't that easy there wouldn't have been so many people thinking they did.

Bob_Richter
01/08/03 06:32 AM

>>>It is very very easy to get the impression that Vlad and Kathy were bumping uglies. <<<

I didn't. All of you just have sick minds. (and, coming from me, that makes you a REAL gutter-dweller.)

It didn't happen.

That is OFFICIAL.

There is NO CANON MATERIAL to contradict it.

Get a GRIP and GET OVER IT.

Toastrider
01/08/03 11:32 AM

It was never implicitly stated, no. Certainly both were infatuated with the other, to the point where Vlad had a brief bout of guilt pangs when he nailed Marthe Pryde. Very odd.

I'm rather surprised that they -didn't-... Katherine being the amoral bitch she was, and Vlad, well, coupling isn't -that- big of a deal to the Clans. Maybe someone should email Stackpole and ask him about it.

--Toasty
"The survivors, not the victors, write the history books."
Warner_Doles
01/08/03 12:10 PM

"Maybe someone should email Stackpole and ask him about it."

Don't bother he won't answer it. I was there in 1998 at the BattleChat when he was pressed pretty hard by a line of questioning much like Cadet was stating or in a similar manner. Stackpole (as were the panelists) upset over the treatment and he answered a little hot with:

"Vlad and Katherine did not have sexual relations. Had they I would have stated it as I have do so in other novels. I wrote the story and the nvoel. I know what they did and having sex isn't something they did."

I really don't know why people want to say different and persist with it. What difference does it make? She's Vlad's "Sex slave warrior to be doll now."
Cadet
01/08/03 09:26 PM

So why didn't he WRITE something to that effect, to make sure there was no room for reader misinterpretation?

Oh right, he shouldn't have to.
Cadet
01/08/03 09:30 PM

The problem of course is the "I know what they did..." concept. His writing's ambiguity isn't answered by his knowing since it wasn't written out. It could even have been fixed in some later novel, but nope.

Warner_Doles
01/08/03 09:50 PM

"It could even have been fixed in some later novel, but nope."

No argument from me on that.
Bob_Richter
01/09/03 01:30 AM

>>>Oh right, he shouldn't have to. <<<

No, he shouldn't.

Actually, if anything HAD gone on there, you could point me to the exact pages on which it iccurred.

Cadet
01/09/03 01:52 AM

The flip side of that coin is you can point out to me page and volume where it is explicitly stated that nothing happened.

He left it open, either through design, lack of skill, or an editor's hachet, and no one has fixed it. His after-the-fact "I know" statement not withstanding, there is no way to know for sure, but enough people have read it and interpreted that they did the nasty.

Edited by Cadet (01/09/03 01:54 AM)
Nightward
01/09/03 02:14 AM

Well, actually it's spelled out in the books that she'd "jealously guarded her virginity" as a plotical tool for marriage but had given it up to Vlad. That is a very crude way f putting it, but it is in the books. I think it's in Malicous Intent that it's implied they...er...ahem, and it's refered to in other books, such as in Grave Covenent when Vlad feels he is betraying Katherine by being with Marthe.

How the hell did this get on to this topic? You people must have pretty sick minds, and far too little to do if you argue about this stuff. Mind you, what does it say about me if I'm replying
Yea, verily. Let it be known far and wide that Nightward loathes MW: DA. Indeed, it is with the BURNING ANIMUS OF A THOUSAND SUNS that he doth rage against it with.
WIE
01/09/03 02:16 AM

hehe it ant bad at least we are talking lol even tho most of the peps minds are in the gutter
4th Wolf Guards, WIE
Pages: 1
Extra information
1 registered and 74 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 8912

Contact Admins Sarna.net