Where can I get info on level 3 tech?

Pages: 1
Moloch
01/10/03 04:40 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
I am looking to for information on what explains the idea's for weapons such as:
X-Pulse lasers
Plasma Rifle
PPC /w Capacitor
ER Lasers (IS)
Rotary Cannons
Cowl?
ER Pulse Lasers (C)
Heavy Lasers
Larger RACs (Clan only?)
ATMs
Streak LRM (Can you say over powering a bit?)
And the assorted types of ammuition

When I usually design mechs, I avoid those types of weapons (except for RAC, then I only put it on IS). Just doesn't seem like BT anymore to me. Is there an on-line source I can read about those technologies, I would like to know the story behind the development. I haven't found a local store that sells BT anymore

I have seen two places selling MDA stuff and I refuse to touch those clicky-tech stuff. Its heritical and blashphemous!
Popular Bumper Stickers
“Keep honking: I’m re-loading”
“If you don’t mind, please eject now: that Mech is a **** to salvage"
“I ran out of room to stencil all the Mechs I’ve killed, so now I just go by regiment’s wiped out.”
Toastrider
01/10/03 10:09 PM

*blinks*

About half of that stuff is level 2, dude. Heavy lasers, Inner Sphere ER lasers, the rotary AC/2 and AC/5, even ATMs and specialized AC ammo read as level 2 toys (at least, according to my copy of the Drawing Board).

Inner Sphere ER lasers were inevitable; Sphere scientists were eventually going to figure out how to build ER small and medium lasers.

Heavy lasers are an innovation of Clan Star Adder; basically it's a laser weapon on steroids. The good news is that the damage output is insane; the bad news is that it generates ungodly amounts of heat, adds a +1 penalty to hit, and has a relatively shorter range than most Clan laser weapons (the heavy large laser, for example, is ranged at 5/10/15).

ATMs (Advanced Tactical Missiles) are a development of Clan Coyote. Basically it's a better, smarter missile rack system, capable of accepting different payloads. I'm not sure how you determine hits using the system, though (ATMs come in 3, 6, 9, and 12 packs; anyone want to clear this up for me?).

Rotary autocannons are, of course, the brainchild of the NAIS, mounting multiple light AC barrels around a single mechanism. In my opinion, much more deadly than Ultra weapons, even heavier UAC/10s and 20s (due to the RAC's superior range to those weapons).

I suspect specialized ammunition was introduced to keep standard ACs from completely sinking into obscurity. I can't really blame them; why would anyone mount a standard AC when they could pack an LBX with Clusters, an Ultra, or a rotary model?

--Toasty
"The survivors, not the victors, write the history books."
NathanKell
01/11/03 12:52 AM

Chaos March has most of this. Go to Tech Readout->(House or Clan)->Tech Guide.
-NathanKell, BT Space Wars
Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear.
Thomas Jefferson
TxHotrice
01/24/03 12:54 AM

Everything was introduced in maximum tech and the different house and clan field manuals. Initially everything is level 3 untill it gets certified for tournament use, whis is kind of pointless anyway since they dont have official tournys anymore. But I would suggest ordering Maximum Tech, which in addition to the weapons has lots of other ruls and additions to make the game more realistic. If you cant find the info let me know and ill e-mail it to you.
F is for fire burn down the city
U is for uranium...bomb
N is for no survivors
Cadet
01/24/03 12:55 AM

I suspect specialized ammunition was introduced to keep standard ACs from completely sinking into obscurity. I can't really blame them; why would anyone mount a standard AC when they could pack an LBX with Clusters, an Ultra, or a rotary model?

Dead right. I would like to have seen the Light AC, Caseless AC, and Strak LRM become Level 2 weapons though.
Does not play well with others.
Pages: 1
Extra information
1 registered and 160 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 3759

Contact Admins Sarna.net