2 Subjects to ponder...

Pages: 1
Dog
01/12/03 05:42 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
First off, I was thinking that Battlefield 1942 would make an excellent base to create a non Mech centered game. Focusing on battle armor, mechanized infantry, VTOL's, Aerodynes, and all those little elements that normally get squashed under some mechwarriors foot.

Secondly, VMWare is a great way to run another operating system while inside your current version of windows. I've used it to run redhat on win2000, and I think it should be fine running 95 or somthing that can run older games more effeciently.

Dog
The new pup on the block.
Diablo
01/21/03 02:48 PM

you've got a point with the 1942 game. allthough the origional intent of the game was huge mech combat and the supporting rolls (infantry and vehicals) were just something to add a little spice. but it would be fun to take 1942, and use infantry, elementals, vehicals and maybe a few light mechs to keep the game mechish. i think it would be fun to run around as an elemental and claw my way through a squad of infantry. or fly a fighter in a PPC straifing run across some ships at sea. what we really need, is a game that encumpases all of Btechs elements, with Aerotech and invading planets. but do it all either as a first/third person shooter or as a RTS like mech commander. but i'm just getting way ahead of myself.
"whats that bluish fuzzy thing on your head?"
-Luciphear to Talis, just before he exploded.

www.geocitis.com/luciph34r
NathanKell
01/21/03 11:18 PM

Check out Battletech Mod Productions, which hosts two projects that fit the bill: Mecha-Lore and Operation Damocles (though Mecha-Lore now uses its own universe, it is still being made by BT fans and will be wide-open with support for BT mods).
-NathanKell, BT Space Wars
Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear.
Thomas Jefferson
Dog
01/22/03 12:05 PM

Yeah mechcommander on a planetary assualt scale would be fun too.

Thanks for that battletech mod productions link, suprised I havn't come across it before!
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 5 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 2421

Contact Admins Sarna.net