battle armor mp/jumping questions

Pages: 1
artfuldodger
01/30/03 11:41 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
im looking through BMR and i have i question that i cant really find an answer too: what is the mp on an elemental/other battle armor? is the mp of all the variants equal to their respective jumping mp?
2 do elementals also not add movement modifiers (as infantry do) and when it says that infantry exclude movement modifiers im assuming that excludes target movement.

really hoping someone can answer these definatively, thank you
Cadet
01/30/03 01:05 PM

I don't have a BMR handy so I can't answer the MP question, but infantry (including BattleArmor) ignores their own movement, but does have to include the target movement.
Does not play well with others.
Nightward
01/30/03 07:35 PM

All Battle Armour, unless it says otherwise in their description, have 3 Jump Mp. There are exceptions, like the Gnomes (2 Jump) or Kages (4 Jump) and some units can't Jump at all (Fenrir, Sloth etc). But again, these exceptions are in the rules for the individual armour types.

No infantry ever suffers Movement Modifiers.

There is only one exception here, Sylph armour which is supposed to suffer a movement penalty. However, FASA never clarified that (ie, whether it should be +1 for VTOL Movemnt, or +3 for Jumping) so just work it out with your group.

Hope that helped. It probably didnt
Yea, verily. Let it be known far and wide that Nightward loathes MW: DA. Indeed, it is with the BURNING ANIMUS OF A THOUSAND SUNS that he doth rage against it with.
KamikazeJohnson
01/30/03 07:46 PM

I though Jump infantry suffered a movement modifier...but it's been a while since I checked up on Infantry rules.

I know Jump Inf in Neveron get a +3, but that doesn't mean much
Peace is that glorious moment in history when everyone stands around reloading.
--Thomas Jefferson
Nightward
01/30/03 08:15 PM

Nope. No infantry (except for Sylphs) suffer movement modifiers.

You do take into account their movement mode when trying to hit the Infantry unit, though. Maybe that's where the confusion is coming from.
Yea, verily. Let it be known far and wide that Nightward loathes MW: DA. Indeed, it is with the BURNING ANIMUS OF A THOUSAND SUNS that he doth rage against it with.
artfuldodger
01/31/03 10:23 AM

all my questions were answered thanks, except that someone just raised one
In reply to:

You do take into account their movement mode when trying to hit the Infantry unit, though. Maybe that's where the confusion is coming from.

how is that? is the target number for infantry movement based on their mode of movement instead of the number of squares moved?
Nightward
01/31/03 06:06 PM

I meant that if they Jumped (or in the case of Sylphs, VTOL'd), then you have to add the modifer for that type of movement as well as for how far they moved. So if they Jump 3 hexes, it's +1 because of the distance and another +1 because they Jumped to do it.

Sorry about the confusion.
Greyslayer
02/01/03 04:56 PM

Further to that always remember to take into account the further +1 because of the type of unit it is (infantry).

As stated earlier count all modifiers to hit infantry but basically for them to fire at you they generally ignore what type of movement they used that turn (except in the earlier examples of the Sylph). There are special suits that are again harder to hit still, examples such as Achilleus and Kage are harder to hit depending on the range bracket:

Achilleus +1 per range bracket, so 1 short, 4 medium and 7 long instead of 0,2 and 4. The Kage is different again and I think requires 0 short, 3 medium and 6 long (all ranges are rated for each individual weapon so a medium laser at short and a MG at long will have seriously different numbers in these cases).

Greyslayer
Nightward
02/01/03 07:26 PM

Lets just complicate things even more for the poor bloke
Greyslayer
02/02/03 03:51 PM

Hey its not as though I'm writing a tactical treatise on the subject

Greyslayer
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 114 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 5300

Contact Admins Sarna.net