Question about Infantry Units

Pages: 1
SuperCharger
02/08/03 02:36 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
I'm somewhat confused about the organization of infantry units. I know Mech units (Inner Sphere, anyway) usually follow the 4+3 rule, ie:

4 Mechs = Lance
3 Lances = Company
3 Companies = Battalion
3 Battalions = Regiment

Adding command lances/companies and such, Mech regiments usually have around 120 Mechs, give or take. But infantry regiments are usually referred to as having hundreds or thousands of troops. Now, obviously, a Mech is going to be weighted higher in "battle value" (to steal a term) than a single soldier, but what is the formula for putting together an infantry unit? I realize this is probably in the BattleForce rules, but I don't have them.
Countergod
02/08/03 03:39 AM

Squad is the base unit of 7
Platoon had 4 squads in it (28 men)
A company has 3 Platoons in it (84 men)
A battalion has 3 companies + command squad (259 men)
A regiment has 3 battalions + command squad, though I use command platoon (777 + which every command unit)

now sometimes battalions have upto 6 companites:
A battalion has 6 companies + command squad (511 men)
A regiment has 6 battalions + command Platoon (3094 men)

This is the most number of infantry that I have seen in a single unit (save RCT's). with Battle armor it is different slightly, as a squad has 4 men instead of 7. the rest is the same.
***Chemistry is like art. One wrong move can really ruin your day!***

To: All other empire leaders
Subject: Hi Neveron
Date Sent: 7/12/3222 12:50:00 AM

May i just point out u all suck
Maj. NevLord Madman
Vapor
02/08/03 09:16 AM

Those numbers hold true for IS foot and motorized infantry platoons. IS jump infantry, however, only have 3 squads of seven men in a platoon, totalling 21 men per platoon.

Clan infantry units contain 25 men, regardless of whether they are foot, motorized, or jump infantry. I can't recall whether or not they call them platoons, though.
"For those about to rock, we salute you." - AC DC

"The evil that can come, from the heart of a man, must be answered in kind 'till it disappears, and we're safe." - Kansas
NathanKell
02/08/03 06:26 PM

Basically, count each mech as a squad; the noted exception being that jump platoons get only three squads.
Platoon = lance.
Above platoon level, there's no difference in organization (i.e. the btn's command lance becomes a command platoon, if it has one), leading to 108 to 132 squads (756-924 people) per regiment.
-NathanKell, BT Space Wars
Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear.
Thomas Jefferson
SuperCharger
02/12/03 08:58 PM

Thanks guys! That was exactly the kind of information I was after.
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 104 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 3479

Contact Admins Sarna.net