As Nelson would say...

Pages: 1
Cadet
02/13/03 12:14 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Ha ha!

I was in my local hobby store this morning. I stop in there to pick up a model kit I ordered. Thanks to it being a snow day the kids are out if school.

So these kids are looking at the used game rack and pick up a box set of BattleTech (the 4th ed maybe. The one with the Atlas on the cover). They star thumbing through the other books and I start to tell them about the game and they also pick up a copy of BMR(r). I tell them they'll need some mechs to go with it and they start thumbing through the two used TROs 3025 and 3060. They put the 3060 back on the shelf and I asked them why they picked the 3025 book. They said the art was cooler.

From the mouth of babes...
Does not play well with others.
Bob_Richter
02/13/03 05:02 PM

Yes, 3025's art is WAAY better than 3060s. 3060 had about the worst art of any TRO (uh, 2750 aside. I don't like to discuss it.)

On the other hand, I think the Phoenix art is mostly pretty okay. Matter of opinion there, I think.
-Bob (The Magnificent) Richter

Assertions made in this post are the humble opinion of Bob.
They are not necessarily statements of fact or decrees from God Himself, unless explicitly and seriously stated to be so.
:)
Karagin
02/13/03 09:32 PM

Now this is interesting...it's good to see them getting into the game...did they tell you how they found out about it?
Karagin

Given time and plenty of paper, a philosopher can prove anything.
TJHairball
02/14/03 03:12 AM

Yah, 4th is the one with the Atlas on the cover (that's one I bought, long ago. Came with a sorta TRO and specs for 24 'mechs out of the original 3025 TRO, the basic level 1 rules, some superbasic "level 0" starter rules, two mapsheets, and standup 'mech cardboard thingies. Oh... and a set of record sheets.)

And boy.. do I agree with them kids :] And the 3060 would've had stuff they didn't know how to use with L1 rules out of the boxed set, so it was better for 'em anyway.

Although I like a couple of the 3060 'mechs. Sirocco looks nice, in my opinion. So does... umm... umm...
Nightmare
02/14/03 10:16 AM

The Hauptmann looks cool. The rest are not that inspired.
Advice for Evil Overlords:
My legions of terror will be trained in basic marksmanship. Any who cannot learn to hit a man-sized target at 10 meters will be used for target practice.
Chunga
02/15/03 02:48 PM

I bet it was the ad in Games Unplugged!
Karagin
02/18/03 10:47 AM

ROTFLMAO! Man you are funny...

Seeing how no one I know of both game store or indivuial managed to get said magazine or had even heard of it speaks a lot for how widely it's distrobution is and how large it's reader ship isn't.

But hey thanks for the laugh!
Karagin

Given time and plenty of paper, a philosopher can prove anything.
Pages: 1
Extra information
1 registered and 100 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 3948

Contact Admins Sarna.net