A question about Purifier...

Pages: 1
TJHairball
02/20/03 03:55 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
OK... Now, I never did get whichever TRO/FMs have the Purifier in it, and I doubt I could find it around here if I knew which one it was... but when I double check BA stats online (my old books keep vanishing for long periods of time... spooky), I find multiple versions of it (I've had available books with just about all the other battlearmor in it).

Now... I *know* it has 6 points of mimetic armor, and I *know* what the mimetic armor does.... BUT... the sources I look up, most of them credible looking, disagree over a couple things... and it is starting to really BUG ME. I've never intended to USE the stuff, but I'm faced with several bothersome questions... and if it turns out to be b/c there are 2 different models of Purifier, say so :[

Jump: 6 or 3?
SRM-2(OS)?

And... of course... one source lists it as having 2 NARC pods when equipped with NARC launcher (NARC/ERSL/LTAG) and says it may mount 2 AP weapons instead of an anti-battlemech weapon (I'm inclined to disbelieve that source though... given all the other versions I've seen are duplicated by different sources).
Bob_Richter
02/20/03 02:30 PM

Jump: Well, it's not 6. Just trust me on that.
SRMs: No. I'm pretty sure not. It has a single energy mount, IIRC.

Then again, I'm too lazy to go look it up for you.

-Bob (The Magnificent) Richter

Assertions made in this post are the humble opinion of Bob.
They are not necessarily statements of fact or decrees from God Himself, unless explicitly and seriously stated to be so.
:)
TJHairball
02/20/03 07:30 PM

Thanks! Although it doesn't quite settle all my questions.

I want to know for *certain* if there are, say, two versions ... and know, if not, where the disagreement of online sources originates, because nothing else I've ever seen in battletech gets this sort of treatment.

Except for the 3025 roster, which we ALL know the reason for disreprencies in... and even then, there isn't factual disagreement.

Just found the *other* version of Purifier (aside from the 1 mount, 3J, 6 AP version) and realized it claimed 4 AP:

Purifier

In use by: Word of Blake

Movement: 6 Jump
Armor:
4+1
Weapons:
ER Small Laser, Light TAG or Narc Launcher. Two-shot SRM-2 launcher.

Stealth capable. Narc Launcher is one-shot. Cannot Jump, make anti-BattleMech attacks while still armed with Narc or SRM Missiles.
Nightward
02/21/03 12:21 AM

Purifier Jumps 3 Hexes. If it doesn't move, it gets +3. If it moved, subtract one from this bonus for each hex moved. Purifiers are armed with either a Light TAG, an ER Small Laser, or NARC beacon.

If they have a NARC beacon, they may only fire standard NARC ammunition and the range is reduced to that of an Inner Sphere ER Small Laser. Until all NARC ammunition is used, the Purifier squad cannot Jump, make Anti-Mech attacks etc, and moves s though they were a Foot Platoon. The Squad has two NARC salvoes.

Purifier Armour has an Armour Value of 6, with one more for the pilot inside.

Enjoy.
Yea, verily. Let it be known far and wide that Nightward loathes MW: DA. Indeed, it is with the BURNING ANIMUS OF A THOUSAND SUNS that he doth rage against it with.
Nightmare
02/21/03 01:46 AM

The Gray Death Light Scout BA has 4+1 armor points. None that`s available in HmLite has more Jump movement than 4 hexes.
Advice for Evil Overlords:
My legions of terror will be trained in basic marksmanship. Any who cannot learn to hit a man-sized target at 10 meters will be used for target practice.
TJHairball
02/21/03 02:12 AM

OK, thanks. Wonder where the funky version came from...
Nightward
02/21/03 02:22 AM

No worries.
Yea, verily. Let it be known far and wide that Nightward loathes MW: DA. Indeed, it is with the BURNING ANIMUS OF A THOUSAND SUNS that he doth rage against it with.
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 54 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 3997

Contact Admins Sarna.net