Clan Infantry?

Pages: 1
Dog
02/22/03 03:28 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
The only thing i've found is the battle armor, but i'm not just interested in their battle armor, what about police forces in occupation zones? What about the garrison's and other forces away from the front lines?
Diablo
02/22/03 10:02 AM

I allways thought they were all elementals. garrisons are done by them. The police and the millitary are the same thing to the clans. since the clans like to not waste reasources, a star of elementals if roughly equivilent to that platoon of invantry. also, why waste perfectly good geneticly bred, highly trained soldiers by giving them a rifle and saying go at it and watch as they die 7 or 8 at a time without doing anything of significants. sounds like waste doesnt it? I have personally never heard of the clans using conventional infantry platoons ever. only powerd suits.
"whats that bluish fuzzy thing on your head?"
-Luciphear to Talis, just before he exploded.

www.geocitis.com/luciph34r
realworldviews
02/22/03 10:31 AM

The clans do use normal infantry, just not very often.
All types (foot, mechinized, jump) have 25 men.
Generally in most clans these are freebirths, dezgra, or warriors who are too old and have outlived there "usefulness".

I not 100% positive but I'm about 99% sure on all that.
Colonel Brian Davis
Gamers United
"Dreams become reality, for all who start off with a dream"
Vapor
02/23/03 03:19 AM

According to all the infantry rules I've read, the Clan infantry platoons are made up of 25 men (regardless of whether they are foot, motorized, or jump), though I haven't come across anything that would indicate what kind of men are in those platoons, or where they would be used. I really don't believe they are used much at all.
"For those about to rock, we salute you." - AC DC

"The evil that can come, from the heart of a man, must be answered in kind 'till it disappears, and we're safe." - Kansas
Dog
02/23/03 04:36 PM

Is it more wastefull to have valuable frontline battlearmored units doing backwater garrison/security work or to have freebirths and less effective warriors that don't deserve the honor of frontline combat doing that?

So 25 men, probably just clan versions of spheroid weapons. Sounds good, any idea on star league infantry deployment. Might be able to derive somthing from those.
realworldviews
02/23/03 09:34 PM

If I recall correctly the only clan that uses normal infantry in any sort of numbers is Clan Hell's Horses. But they are known for using alot of combined arms, unlike most of the other clans
Colonel Brian Davis
Gamers United
"Dreams become reality, for all who start off with a dream"
TJHairball
02/24/03 02:26 AM

Solhama units are often mostly infantry, armed with little more than antique rifles. You'd typically only find it where the Clan isn't expecting attack.

Of course, Hell's Horses might well be different, but I wouldn't know.
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 53 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 4031

Contact Admins Sarna.net