CBT Campaign!

Pages: 1
MaSaKaRi
02/25/03 12:17 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
I'm starting (trying, at least lol) a CBT campaign over at the Battletech Mod Productions Forums.
Requirements: honesty, minis, maps, ICQ/IRC/MSN/email (you can PBEM anyway you like), and being registered, posting regularly on the campaign board at BMP. Visiting the campaign website.

Everyone will have a say in the system we will use. Personally, i was thinking of this campaign:
Everyone chooses a faction (preferebly Clan), we all start on a planet in the Deep Periphery, each of the players with a piece of the territory, while some pieces are uncontested.
According to a set BV/points allocation system, you can maintain your force, acquire Mechs and military items, conquer new pieces of territory (they have a cost), win BV/points in battle.
Those battles, if everyone agrees to make this Clan-only, shall be run with 3050-style honor rules, and batchalls. No need to use a full star if you don't want to, you can lower your force, risking defeat, but gaining for BV/points if you win.
Stuff like that. I'm open to suggestions, of course.

By taking note of the facings/hex #s, and keeping the damage sheets, you can play a battle for days (although i think that'll only be down the line), and still keep everything tidy. You just take stuff out, play, and if you don't finish, take note of the game data, and then store everything again to play the next day/whenever. At least, that's what i'm thinking...

The campaign will be called Battle for Kerensky's Star, which is a forgotten depot along the Exodus Road that Aleksandr Kerensky used to get to the Pentagon Worlds. It has been discovered again, and now it's up to players to battle it out there, trying to gain dominance, while trying to uncover it's hidden secrets at the same time.

Over at our forums, the question has been raised about using megamek. Well, i've posted a poll there, and i guess if enough players want to, they can use PBEM-style play, and/or Megamek to participate.

Hope to see you there!
"Many MechWarriors consider this OmniMech the ultimate fighting machine"

Battletech Space Wars , a Homeworld Mod
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 95 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 2482

Contact Admins Sarna.net