Free Battletech? Or Why did they go from BTech to CBTech?

Pages: 1
Dog
03/06/03 01:15 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Was just thinking, with FanPro's rebranding of all battletech (as we know it) material under Classic Battletech and WizKids totally removing itself from anything Battletech in favor of Mechwarrior. Could this mean that legal action against anything created with Battletech material less likely? How could you support a case for a product line that your company has abandonded.

Dog
Just wishfull thinking.
Tron
03/06/03 04:14 AM

Let's stop this from becoming a rumor mill. No such chance of that happening if you heard what happened to battletech.ca

They were a site that knowingly put on the web technical readouts with nothing omitted and with downloadable files to boot. It took a long time before they registered on Wizkids radar but once they did they were requested to remove the TRO content. In what I guess was a hissy fit, the site owner took downhis entire site. I never checked if he put it back online.
"The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote."-Kosh

We are a race that has the ability of going beyond the boundries placed on us. The question we should ask ourselves then is whether or not we should go beyond those boundries?
TwoYearLurker
03/06/03 05:19 PM

Site's back up, with some wording from WizKids. I've seen it on other sites, so it seems that battletech.ca got WizKids' blessings.
Dog
03/07/03 01:53 AM

Oooh yummy site, lots of unfinished work still but it is interestig to note that WizKids did allow someone to archive the Battletech Material.

Did they always have the "legal" info ont he bottom or is that fairly new?
TwoYearLurker
03/07/03 06:02 PM

The legal stuff showed up when the site came back up.
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 160 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 3602

Contact Admins Sarna.net