Heat Sink II

Pages: 1
Cadet
03/18/03 06:52 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Heat Sink II

Developed by the New Avalon Institute of Science, the Heat Sink II (or HS2) is designed to reduces excess heat at a substancial rate. By replacing the standard cooling fluids and radiator fins with a superconducting fluid, the HS2 is capable of removing vast amounts of excess heat rapidly, but at a minor risk of explosion.

Stats:
Weight: 1.5 tons
Crits: 1

Rules. Each HS2 disipates 2 points of heat per turn. If a critical hit is scored against a HS2, roll 1D6. On a 6, the HS2 explodes and causes 2 points of internal damage (and causing a possibility of critical hits, roll normally) and 5 points of additional heat.
Does not play well with others.
Gangrene
03/18/03 08:08 PM

It seems balanced well enough. I wouldn't choose them over DHS unless I really needed the crits, but they still beat regular HS.
Gangrene
Cadet
03/19/03 12:28 AM

That was the point, that it could do the job of a DHS in a compact space, but could explode.

I'd fit four of these in the legs (2 each) and stand in water as much as possible.
Does not play well with others.
Diablo
03/22/03 02:10 PM

DHS2

The second generation in double heat sinks. This is avalible to IS only. The heatsink dissapates 3 heat points and takes only 2 crits. on a critical, again roll a 1D6. on a 6, the heat sink explodes dealing 5 points of damage (again withthe chance of a critical) and add 7 heat.
"whats that bluish fuzzy thing on your head?"
-Luciphear to Talis, just before he exploded.

www.geocitis.com/luciph34r
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 125 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 3135

Contact Admins Sarna.net