1st EvilNET Battletech League WebTeam Tournament

Pages: 1
Highball32
04/08/03 01:27 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
I took a much needed break from the EBL daily business, but now its time to have some more fun. While the EBL Playoffs are going on I invite Sarna.net to put together at least one four-man lance/star (two lance/stars maximum). Each lance will then participate in a single elimination tournament for the title of "EvilNET WebTeam Champions".

RULES
1.) The units Battle Value (BV) must be in the range of 8,500 points, +/- 150 points (8,350-8,650 points total) after pilot skills are factored in. Each lance/star must be sent to me (Highball) to have the final BV verified (ebl@tampabay.rr.com).
2.) Each Lance may have no pilot better than 2/2 , or worse than 4/5.
3.) Each Lance may choose any combination of Mechs, Vehicles and BattleArmor, but no variant may be used more than once (except BattleArmor), and only two units in each weight class may be picked (except vehicles which may have 3 of a weight class). So a unit may not have three Heavy Mechs and one Light Mech or four Heavy Tanks.
4.) There will be no mixed tech units. Inner Sphere forces may have no more than 4 units and Clan forces may have no more than 5 units.
5.) Each Lance must have at least two players, and those two players may not be in another players unit.
6.) The game will be played using MegaMek, and if no one can host the game then I (Highball) will host the game.
7.) The maps for the battle will be set to “surprise”, and the battlefield will be 2x2 maps. Double Blind and Floating Critical will be set to “ON”.
8.) All other EBL rules apply. (website with rules http://www.geocities.com/evilnet_bt_league/Rules.html)

Hope to see you all participate!
Combined Arms is not just a way to wage war ...... it is an art!
Alemnyr
04/08/03 03:02 AM

I'd like to play. Anyone else?
Bob_Richter
04/08/03 03:09 AM

I might be interested, but it IS BV-based.

I *hate* BV.
-Bob (The Magnificent) Richter

Assertions made in this post are the humble opinion of Bob.
They are not necessarily statements of fact or decrees from God Himself, unless explicitly and seriously stated to be so.
:)
LordChaos
04/08/03 02:18 PM

sounds interesting, I think I'd like it. Since it needs two players. send me a note and we'll plan unit and stratagies.
Real mechwariors pilot IS mechs.
Zwischy
04/08/03 08:07 PM

I'm game, too, though I admit I haven't played a round of MegaMek for some time now. I did register on EvilNet, though. You guys too crowded with a third?
Dog
04/09/03 03:39 AM

suggestion: get a thread going for most effective lance.
Zwischy
04/09/03 01:48 PM

Well, I dunno how much we can really post on the board here without giving away secrets, but at least I can state the obvious.

I suspect most everyone's going to want to use Clan, but I could see Inner Sphere having some use, if you were to put together a C3 network. But I suspect that might require more teamwork than can be put together in such a short time.
Highball32
04/13/03 01:29 PM

OK folks ...... I need the unit listing of your force by April 18th so I can check them over for the 1st EBL WebTeam Tournament. Here will be the schedule ........

Round 1 - April 19th - 25th
Round 2 - April 26th - May 2nd
Round 3 - May 3rd - 9th
Round 4 - May 10th - 16th
Round 5 - May 17th - 23rd

If more teams join the schedule it might be a little longer, but I dont see that as happening. Email your force listings to me at ... EBL@tampabay.rr.com
Combined Arms is not just a way to wage war ...... it is an art!
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 199 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 4683

Contact Admins Sarna.net