Equipment

Pages: 1
Bueno
04/08/03 06:04 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
My friends and I have recently started playing Battle Tech again. We are currently using the drawing board to create our own mechs. There are several pieces of equipment that I don't have the rules fo.r (plasma rifle, RAC and so on) I was ondering if anyone knew of a web site that has this info on it. We would appreciate any help you can give.
Nightward
04/09/03 06:09 PM

Well, the Plasma rifle isn't a real weapon. Some items on The Drawing Board are from unofficial sources and I do not know where you would find them.

R/A-Cs can fire on *2,*4, and *6 RoFs. On *2, it jams on a 2, on *4 on 3 or less, and on *6 on 4 or less. A Jammed R-A/C can be unjammed if the unit moves, at most, at a walk in the next turn and then takes a Piloting test to unjam it. You can only unjam it if you have a Hand actuator on the opposite arm. R-A/Cs cannot use specialty ammunition. If you fired at a higher rate, consult the appropriate SRM table. If the shots were aimed, all shots hit the target location.

If there are other rules queries, you can ask here or head over to www.chaosmarch.com, as I believe they have a rules page there.

Welcome to the board.
Yea, verily. Let it be known far and wide that Nightward loathes MW: DA. Indeed, it is with the BURNING ANIMUS OF A THOUSAND SUNS that he doth rage against it with.
Bob_Richter
04/15/03 11:32 AM

The Plasma Rifle and Rotary Assault Cannons (Clan) found in The Drawing Board are a product of Munch-uh-MECHforce UK. They're not considered official outside of that strange little club. Why are they in TDB? I dunno.

I don't like them.

But the Plasma Rifle is basically just a PPC that causes 5 points of heat to a target instead of 5 points of its damage.

I don't remember the rules for MFUK's RACs, but I believe they are similar to FASA's in operation.

-Bob (The Magnificent) Richter

Assertions made in this post are the humble opinion of Bob.
They are not necessarily statements of fact or decrees from God Himself, unless explicitly and seriously stated to be so.
:)
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 91 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 3232

Contact Admins Sarna.net