Another Question...

Pages: 1
Alemnyr
04/16/03 07:40 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
I was wondering if anyone knows how to figure out which Houses have which level 2 tech first?

For example, when did the Draconis Combine first produce Double Heat Sinks?

I wouldn't mind an in-depth answer, but if you just point me to the right book(s), that would be great. Thanks.

Mike
CrayModerator
04/16/03 12:56 PM

House Davion started developing "Freezers," (DHS) in the 3020s before the Star League Memory Core was found by the Gray Death Legion. Their first apperance is found in a Black Widow scenario pack involving a 60-ton Super Griffin and 25-ton Super Wasp. (I recall the Griffin violates some mech construction rules - it uses 0.5-ton jump jets on a 60-ton mech.)

Of course, if you mean "anytime in BT history," then the answer is probably mostly "the Terran Hegemony in the 2500s and Star League era."
Mike Miller, Materials Engineer

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
Alemnyr
04/16/03 06:54 PM

I meant more along the lines of...

3042 - Capellan Confederation sucks.
3043 - Draconis Combine perfects Ultra AC/5.
3044 - Federated Commonwealth still wasting money at NAIS
3045 - UAC/20 prototype explosion kills 4 billion
3046 - Capellan Confederation still sucks
3047 - Free Worlds League develops ER Large Laser. Federated Commonwealth develops Light Gauss Rifle prototype but quickly shelves it as it is seen to be totally useless. Scientists return to Gauss Rifle research.
3048 - Capellan Confederation makes some headway in not-sucking.

Also, am I correct in thinking that the only 'mechs supplied by Comstar to Kurita during the war of 3039 are the Sentinel 3M, Crab 27, Kintaro 20 and Katana 5003-2? I thought there would be a lot more designs traded...
TenakaFurey
04/16/03 08:32 PM

The evidence is, howvere, contradictory. For example, TR3050 has the NAIS developed freezers about 3043 and at the time of writing, that was the first tech developed from the Helm Core. Even then its was 3047 IIRC before they had a production line up and running with it and other tech came later depending on nation and headstart.

Lately, however, we've had several canon scenarios where L2 tech was used in the 4thSW.

The TSM was available during the 4SW however.

EJL
Alemnyr
04/17/03 02:50 AM

So no one knows how to figure out when certain technologies were re-discovered by the various houses? How is that possible? I mean someone emailed Randall asking about a discrepancy of the electronic signatures of a warship and we don't know the years when double heat sinks were introduced? I find that very hard to believe.
CrayModerator
04/17/03 06:13 AM

In reply to:

So no one knows how to figure out when certain technologies were re-discovered by the various houses? How is that possible?

Because it wasn't important? The history was hopping forward: 3025 to 3031 to 3039 to 3050, using books like the 20-Year Update and TRs 3025 and 3050. What mattered is that the tech was made available in a TR (i.e., widely available), not when some prototypes were floating around. Such would be my guess.
Mike Miller, Materials Engineer

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
Bob_Richter
04/17/03 09:23 AM

Looking at the upgraded 'Mechs in TR3050 should give you an idea what each house could do in 3052.

In 3052, for example, Kurita had ER PPCs, but apparently not Double Heat Sinks, at least not in large quantites.

Each TRO after that provides a little insight into the tech available in that time period.
-Bob (The Magnificent) Richter

Assertions made in this post are the humble opinion of Bob.
They are not necessarily statements of fact or decrees from God Himself, unless explicitly and seriously stated to be so.
:)
Arzakon
05/11/03 12:41 PM

In reply to:

not when some prototypes were floating around

You mean like they've done in almost every readout since 3057? *sigh*
tgsofgc
08/08/03 09:40 PM

My opinions on technology rediscovery dates and house, with sources where appropriate. Please not I by no means have every battletech book, and many sources contradict one another.
Swarm-I, Fragmentation, Incendiary, flare, and Semi-Guided LRM munitions (post clan invasion, FWLM field manual)
ER Small and ER Medium (post clan invasion, FWLM field manual)
Ultra AC/10 (mid 3056, FWLM field manual)
Light Gauss Rifle (begun in 3052, entered service in 3056-57, FWLMfield manual)
Memory core from Helm (Gray Death Legion, 3028)
MRMs (mid 3050s, Drac combine Field Manual)
Explosive Narc Pods (Drac Combine field Manual)
Streak SRM-4,SRM-6 (post clan invasion, Drac Comine field manual)
Sword (early from arenas, official designs first is No-dachi Drac Combine Field Manual0
Ultra AC 10 + 20 (post clan invasion, Lyran, TROs especially TRO:3060)
Things I couldn't find refereces for but I am relatively certain about:
first lostech, Double Heat Sinks, NAIS Davion late 3030s to early 3040
defective Triple Strength Mynomer, Liao before the fourth succession war
Ultra AC 5 and ER Large, FWLM post memory core
ER PPC, Drac Combine
Streak SRM-2, Artemis IV - Lyran
Gauss Rifle - Davion, NAIS

Generally speaking FWLM and Davion have the fastest new technology production. NAIS is the most productive and was responsible for quickly replicating most other developed technologies. Some states like Capellia relies on subterfuge and trade agrreements, especially after being soured on technological advancement with the defective 3x strength mynomer fiasco. Draconis Combine is third fastest developer and benefited signifigantly in technology from both its war with the clans and the shipments of downgraded Comstar mechs before the forth succession war.
Hope some of this helps a little, please rememebr this isn't rocket science and any good GM should fudge dates at least a little.
I find that 'pinpoint' accuracy during a bombing run increases proportionally with the amount of munitions used.
-Commander Nathaniel Klepper,
Avanti's Angels, 3058
Pages: 1
Extra information
1 registered and 98 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 4989

Contact Admins Sarna.net