hi guys...

Pages: 1
SoyBigHead
04/23/03 08:29 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
i havent posted anything on this forum in about 6-8 months and i fell out of loop wiht the BT universe... can someone give me a brief timeline of the events that have occured in the universe? last i heard, victor was winning his war, and thats it.

also, whats this i hear about there being no more MechWarrior-series games?

i also heard a rumor of a MechWarrior/BattleTech movie being worked on... is this true?
"There are three types of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics."
-Mark Twain
Vapor
04/24/03 04:21 AM

I am not particularly well qualified to provide a history since you left off, so I will leave that to someone else.

I have not heard anything about no more MW-series games, but I wouldn't be too surprised if that was true.

There is (supposedly) a MW/BT movie in the works (by the guy who did Eight Legged Freaks, IIRC). However, by the sounds of it, it will be something with a MW:DA storyline.
"For those about to rock, we salute you." - AC DC

"The evil that can come, from the heart of a man, must be answered in kind 'till it disappears, and we're safe." - Kansas
Dog
04/25/03 01:45 AM

The MW:DA movie is probably another indicator that the Mechwarrior PC series is about to die/change. We should have a trial of possesion over the Battletech stuff keep them from doing somthing stupider.

Dog
:P
Grizzly
04/25/03 03:10 PM

Hey welcome back! I haven't finished the Civil War novels yet, but Victor won, and Omi is visiting her ancestors.... I will have to update you when I finish! How goes the XBOX? I have gone on a rampage getting some used games for cheap! Mechassault, aka Battletech Arcade: Not bad for a fun game. Obviously not MW4, but fun nonetheless. Just don't freak that it doesn't follow the table top rules closely. Splinter Cell, what can I say, very sweet! Jedi Knight II, it's star wars and its great! I love being able to pull a Vader choke! Baldur's Gate:Dark Alliance, arcady D&D fun, sorta like classic gauntlet with better graphics. Medal Of Honor:Frontline, nothing better than capping a few Nazis with the Springfield sniper rifle. Well, there ya go, my quick reviews for ya! No XBOX live yet, but maybe when I move to my new house this summer.... Have a great one Soy!!
"I am but mad north-northwest, when the wind is southerly I know a hawk from a handsaw" Hamlet
SoyBigHead
04/25/03 03:42 PM

hey grizz how goes it? yeah MoH is ok, but im trading it in for credit towards Return to Castle Wolfenstein. MA is ok, but i prefer Ghost Recon lol. You really should get Xbox Live ASAP. it is really cool, especially the voice chat feature...
"There are three types of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics."
-Mark Twain
Grizzly
04/28/03 07:53 AM

Things are ok. Work is crazy, and my wife and I are buying a house. Good lord I hate going through this. It will be nice to actually own our house, but the paperwork and stress lleading up to it are a royal pain in the rear! I gotta agree with you that Wolfenstein is pretty good. I played a demo and was impressed. I can't wait for Doom III to come out. I did play a demo for Ghost Recon, and it seems really good, but since I don't have Live, I have been holding off buying it. Same goes for head to head sports games (football, hockey etc). I hope to get a cable modem or DSL once we move into our new house later this summer. I will have to let you know when it happens. Keep in touch! Later.....
"I am but mad north-northwest, when the wind is southerly I know a hawk from a handsaw" Hamlet
Pages: 1
Extra information
1 registered and 61 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 3684

Contact Admins Sarna.net