Walks like an Archer, Talks like an Archer...

Pages: 1
CrayModerator
05/30/03 08:41 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
It walks like an Archer, talks like an Archer, looks like an Archer...the only thing that gives it away is the liesurely stroll (top speed: 54kph) and Crusader-like shoulder pods.

And any seismic sensors would tip you off the Super Archer has 30 tons on its lighter sibling.

I have no glorified fluff for this. It's a poor man's Salamander, 100 tons and 80 LRM tubes o' fun, almost twice an Archer for not quite twice the price (or: "yet another 100-ton mech"). Works best in concert with Narc units or TAG units.

Ammunition is loaded in 1-ton "clips" uniquely shaped so that they cannot be loaded upside down or otherwise misoriented. The ammo bins are accessible from the side of the mech, enabling the "Super Archer" to load itself at the rate of one clip every minute or so. Another mech with two hand actuators can perform the same task at the rate of one clip every 20 seconds or so.

Clip ejection, using compact electric motors, can be fast - all the clips can be popped out in 10 seconds - at the risk of damaging empty clips as they're simply dumped on the ground. Alternately, they can be half-ejected and quickly removed by the mech itself at about one clip every 20-30 seconds, or by another mech at the rate of one clip every 10-20 seconds.

The clip-based ammo system makes mixing ammo types easy, and the universal feed can deliver ammo from any bin to any launcher. A load of ammo may be unloaded from a launcher and sent back to a bin in a 20-second re-routing operation.

SUPER ARCHER
100 tons
5 tons endosteel
19 tons 300 Vlar
....Walking: 3
....Running: 5
....Jumping: Off cliffs
2 tons 12 DHS
3 tons gyroscope
3 tons cockpit
17 tons armor
....Head: 3 9
....CT: 31 45/10
....RT/LT: 21 32/10
....RA/LA: 17 30
....RL/LL: 21 32
40 tons 4x LRM 20 (RT/LT/RA/LA)
8 tons LRM ammo (4 RT/LT)
2 tons 2x ER ML (RA/LA)
1 ton 2x CASE (RT/LT)
Endosteel: 2 RA/LA/RT/LT/CT/RL/LL
Both hand actuators present
Mike Miller, Materials Engineer

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
Karagin
08/25/09 11:52 PM

A buddy of mine had a few battles against some guys in Sterling Heights Michigan, back in the days of 3025 tech, and they had taken all of the mechs and increased the weight to 100 tons. They wanted to field them, and my friend though his force of mediums and heavies would do well against munchy mechs...found out that sometimes munchy doesn't mean super mechs.

This one is a good one at giving the Archer a shinny moment or ten.
Karagin

Given time and plenty of paper, a philosopher can prove anything.
Tripod
08/26/09 05:48 AM

I like the self loading clip idea.

I could see the mech coming in to reload with 1 hand missing and no one to help... Loading the clips on the good side and cycleing the ammo over to the empty bins and poping in 4 more full clips...

Lock and Load!
TBA
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 152 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 4589

Contact Admins Sarna.net