Unseen 21

Pages: 1
KitK
06/03/03 05:19 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Just because I am curious, could someone list the "Unseen 21" or point me to a list. I had heard that several of the classic designs had got the smackdown from some lawsuit a few years back but never knew which one ones. Bumped into the term "Unseen 21" in a form and now I am curious to know which ones they were.

Thx.
Spartan
06/03/03 08:08 PM

Locust, Locust IIC
Wasp, Wasp LAM
Stinger, Stinger LAM
Valkyrie
Ostscout
Phoenix Hawk, Phoenix Hawk LAM, Phoenix Hawk IIC
Griffin, Griffin IIC
Shadow Hawk, Shadow Hawk IIC
Scorpion
Wolverine
Ostroc
Ostol
Rifleman, Rifleman IIC
Crusader
Thunderbolt
Archer
Warhammer, Warhammer IIC
Marauder, Marauder IIC
Goliath
Battlemaster
Some also include the Longbow on this list as well
Spartan

We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty.

(I refer you to what Nightward said)
KitK
06/04/03 09:21 AM

Thanks Spartan
Dog
06/06/03 03:19 AM

Are the clan variations considered unseen too? I thought the clans were introduced after that lawsuit. I don't know when the lawsuit actually was, figured it was linked to FASA changing the name from Battledroids to Battletech which was 84 or so (first Battletech was actually 2nd Edition)

Dog
Just need some straightening.
CrayModerator
06/06/03 06:29 AM

Several of the IICs were made verbotten, and the Clans (c1990) definitely preceded the lawsuit, which was post-TR:3050.
Mike Miller, Materials Engineer

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
SkorpionDrache
06/09/03 02:58 AM

I may be way off track here,but wasnt the whole lawsuit issue based around the unseen designs being "borrowed" from the robotech series?The Stinger,Pheonix Hawx,and Wasp from Battletech were identical to the Veritech,and the Marauder was Khyron the Backstabber's battlepod.The list goes on and on...
"Listen up privates,if you ain't cheatin',you ain't tryin',and if you get caught,you didn't try hard enough!"
Drill Sergeant Steinbacher
CrayModerator
06/09/03 06:40 AM

The Unseen designs were actually originally licensed; FASA ceased licensing payments when the original holders of the artwork copyright went under or were bought out. Unfortunately, the new owners wanted money, too...
Mike Miller, Materials Engineer

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
Dog
06/10/03 07:02 AM

think I caught a write up somewhere that suggested that the company that sued FASA got sued(not by Fasa) cause they had no right to those rights. Recall finding it on some robotech history page
davion76
06/17/03 05:49 PM

My understanding is that FASA still has rights to the designs, as the lawsuit never came to a complete verdict. FASA decided to simply drop the use of the artwork as the complany suing them had infinitely more money to throw into a lawsuit. Its not worth your company to keep a few pieces of art whose legality is somewhat questionable.

Here is a link to a site with some information
http://www.rpg.net/news+reviews/press/press.018.html
Pages: 1
Extra information
2 registered and 78 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 5102

Contact Admins Sarna.net